310 Reflash/SCOM opinions

So the options for the 310 are V-tech or R&D reflash or just a RIVA SCOM and I just saw an R&D SCOM for the 310 which I haven't seen mentioned here unless I missed it. So I always run 93 fuel - is the reflash just to take advantage of the higher octane (to remove a built-in margin of protection for lower octane). If I go reflash I lose the remainder of the year warrantly on the engine or would the dealer never know? Any opinions on which reflash is better or are they roughly the same? Are the SCOMs the same? SCOM would be removable if an issue arose for the warranty so maybe that's the way to go until next year and then do a reflash - any opinions? Anybody running a SCOM on a stock ski and what is the speed looking like. I apparently also have the issue of the stock ECU settling back down around 7200-7300 or so. Would this issue be fixed by the SCOM?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad News View Post
    So the options for the 310 are V-tech or R&D reflash or just a RIVA SCOM and I just saw an R&D SCOM for the 310 which I haven't seen mentioned here unless I missed it. So I always run 93 fuel - is the reflash just to take advantage of the higher octane (to remove a built-in margin of protection for lower octane). If I go reflash I lose the remainder of the year warrantly on the engine or would the dealer never know? Any opinions on which reflash is better or are they roughly the same? Are the SCOMs the same? SCOM would be removable if an issue arose for the warranty so maybe that's the way to go until next year and then do a reflash - any opinions? Anybody running a SCOM on a stock ski and what is the speed looking like. I apparently also have the issue of the stock ECU settling back down around 7200-7300 or so. Would this issue be fixed by the SCOM?

Randy
    Yes, the Riva SCOM would fix your RPM/MPH issue, so would the Reflash. If something happen to your ski I'm sure the Factory would be able to tell it was Reflashed, so your warranty that is left would be void, but I don't think that's to big of a deal.

I run the R&D R2 reflash because I run the 91oct gas and it's less stress on the engine. I love it and wouldn't change it for anything else. Talk to Glenn over at R&D and let him know Sam sent you over. He will take care of you. If you run 93oct full time I think you could even go with the R3 Reflash. Your call. My guess both reflashes are pretty close if not the same all around.

3. +1 by:

The R&D scom has been on their website for months, however when I asked 2 weeks ago it was not ready yet

I ordered the scom, $200 versus $674 for the flash

+1
    I believe V Tech will reflash your ECU and override the Delimiter in ECU together for one price...

Dont know of exp.of their fuel mapping and timing advances in their Reflashes but they recommend upgrading oil cooler.

Ive Had two reflashes with R&D (ultra and GPR) and a delimiter (ultra 300) and did everything that was expected with no failures,Glenn @ R&D with Bill Chapin's tech and "know how" are a proven brand,I believe their are made to be safe for the recreational rider Though the long term effects riding WOT for long distances you can never be sure..

V TECH has had a lot of happy customers that I've read here on OTHER skis,don't know about the Ultra as of now..

Thread Information