vxr/vxs owners...how many miles til on buzzer??

i just done a slow ride from flagler beach to st.augustine fl by way of the intercoastal at a average speed of 25 mph and buzzer came on at 65 miles....does that sound about right? i was looking at boat test review for the vxs and they are claiming at 24 mph the cruising range is 110 miles....am i missing something here?? anybody know how far you can go after the buzzer goes off before completely running out? kinda disappointed...was thinking i shouldve got alot further than that by only going 25 mph.....guess its time to start looking into taking along extra gas for some of the long hauls i would like to make...

+1

damnit man...i couldve kept going and explored st augustine even further....WOW....thats great...thanks man

+1
    I did 90 miles on my FX140 the other day and got back with not much fuel left. Heavy swell for half of it. Moderate cruising for the rest.

Is your ski the 1052cc or 1800 engine?

+1
    My buzzer typically goes off around 75 miles and I can get 90 miles out of a full tank driven decently (35-45 mph). I've never pushed it to see if I could get more.

When you are filling up the ski, you can fill then shake, fill then shake, to get the air out of the tank and more gas in. If I am going to do a really long ride, I will have someone stand on the tongue of the trailer while I fill up and give it a up and down jumps to get the most air out/most gas in. It will hold a good deal more gas in the tank doing it that way.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    For long trips try jacking the front of the trailer up and burping it as you fill up, I also carry a gallon of gas to the ramp after the drive and back down the ramp some and add around 1/2 gallon more....

+1
    According to the manual, the buzzer goes off and you still have almost 5 gals in the tank. I have found that that is pretty much accurate on my 2014 FXSVHO Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    For long trips try jacking the front of the trailer up and burping it as you fill up, I also carry a gallon of gas to the ramp after the drive and back down the ramp some and add around 1/2 gallon more....
    good idea...i will be trying that

Thread Information