Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Add me to the people that have had a Ski stolen in Miami

Just got back after driving from Sarasota to find out that thieves broke the lock on my fence and stole my ski & trailer. The multiple locks on the Ski & trailer obviously did not stop them. I had one of the ball socket covering master locks, a brass combo lock on the tongue latch and a steel security rope wrapped thru the wheel and around the frame so it could not be rolled as well as thru the ski eye to keep it on the trailer. None of it seemed to stop them.

But they had to have been watching as they waited till I had left with my truck and did not take the ski. It was the first trip in weeks where I went somewhere and did not take the ski. Only two saving graces is I purchased insurance this weekend (after procrastinating making a decision between progressive the more $$ vs boat us the cheaper) before I left on the trip and had not yet installed the Motec.

Now I have the pleasure of dealing with the insurance company. Just finished up with the police officer and the chances of seeing it again I know are the less than me winning the powerball.
    I am sure the parts I have already installed on the ski will not be covered by insurance so add those the the deductible that I will now have to pay. I am really kicking myself for not getting the GPS tracker when I first got the ski, I was so concerned about what unit to get that I still had not gotten one and now its bit me in the ass.

Well I can honestly say they when my lease is up in August I am getting the hell out of Miami. I'm done with all the low lifes here that I am sure I am not just supporting them with the shit they steal from me but also with the money the government steals from me and gives to them.

+1
    This sounds a whole lotta strange.

+1
    Miami is a total shit show, two weeks ago they also wedged the door open on my mustang when I was out of town. And tore up the interior. They must have been pissed as all they got was two boxes of 45 range ammo I had under the seat and stole my spare wheel, jack and a husky ratchet set. Now with the ski I am done with Miami. They might say wynwood is a cool up and coming place but its surrounded by low lifes.

wouldnt ya love to get the drop on them in the act...i hate to hear it...looks like miami is the hot spot for ski theft...as much as i hate lake city its times like this when i can appreciate livin in the sticks with no neighbors,havent locked my doors since i built this place 10 years ago and everybody tends to their own business....still keep a gun in every room and in the vehicles just in case...good luck with the ins and glad to hear you bought it...

Add me to the people that have had a Ski stolen in Miami

Infuckincredible.... PM me your info
    Last edited by Jmfmk3; 06-04-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: edit

+1
    Ohh.. What I would not give to be able to catch them red handed. If I had the GPS and it had alerted me while I was home I would have walked outside with the 1911 on my hip and the shotgun in my hand most likely. I would be tempted to bring out my 6.8SPC just incase there was a large group, 30rnds of federal 6.8SPC has plenty of stopping power.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Ohh.. What I would not give to be able to catch them red handed. If I had the GPS and it had alerted me while I was home I would have walked outside with the 1911 on my hip and the shotgun in my hand most likely. I would be tempted to bring out my 6.8SPC just incase there was a large group, 30rnds of federal 6.8SPC has plenty of stopping power.
    it would be my luck i wouldnt kill him dead and then he would sue me and wind up with everything ive got...i think some of you miami boys need to rig up a fine ass bait ski with just a hull and a rigged pipe bomb waitin for their sorry ass....a couple of those on the evening news would put a stop to it...

9. +1 by:

+1
    If you guys have not realized all those thieves are reading your posts right now. Yes you know who you are on this forum. They wait by the boat ramp and get you plate number after they shoot some shit with you about how nice your ski is and ask what mods you have done to it. Boom your ski is gone. Karmas a bitch

hell i aint hard to find...which is a good thing....911 will know where to send the coroner to to pick up the pieces....

+1
    I think I would get in more trouble with a rigged pipe bomb (pretty sure you could get charged as a terrorist) then shooting them dead.. At least FL has stand your ground law, but does not cover rigged IED's on bait ski's I am pretty sure..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information