SPX 720 New motor leaking alot of oil into crank

Hi guys, Im new to this forum.
    I have a 1996 sea doo SPX 720 with a new SBT motor. I have about 10 hours on it now. Over the winter I winterized it and covered it. This spring, the motor was filled with oil and gas. This happened on my old motor too. I'm having this checked out at a dealer ship and they keep telling me its a crank seal. But the motor is New and the old motor did it. Doesn't loose any performance. what else could this be? It only does this after a long period of time that it sits. I know the ski was once run in salt water and sometimes the choke sticks closed.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thank You

+1
    Is your fuel selector hooked up and working properly? Sounds to me like you are leaving the gas turned on all winter and the motor is filling up with gas...

Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Is your fuel selector hooked up and working properly? Sounds to me like you are leaving the gas turned on all winter and the motor is filling up with gas...
    So the fuel selector leaks oil into the crank case ?????

If premix I could maybe see that, but he must have some super leaky needle and seats

Its not premix. Ill check the fuel selector. Carbs have not been cleaned since 2002 if that would have anything to do with it. has those grey fuel lines. Any Other Ideas? I plan on replacing all of those and cleaning carbs. Would a bad or old Rotary valve cause this?
    Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ACA1996XP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    So the fuel selector leaks oil into the crank case ?????
    It can cause gas to leak into the crankcase... after it sits like that all winter it's going to be mixed with oil and evaporate some and be hard to tell what it is unless you tear the motor down. As it blows out the pipe when you start it it's hard to tell what it was to begin with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaxRipper View Post
    Its not premix. Ill check the fuel selector. Carbs have not been cleaned since 2002 if that would have anything to do with it. has those grey fuel lines. Any Other Ideas? I plan on replacing all of those and cleaning carbs. Would a bad or old Rotary valve cause this?
    Thanks
    Bad rotary valve wouldn't cause this at all... it's the rotary shaft oil bath seals that are seriously in question. I bet it's just the lines, fuel selector and carbs that are causing the problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ACA1996XP View Post
    If premix I could maybe see that, but he must have some super leaky needle and seats
    12 years without a carb job can equal some seriously leaky needles and seats...

Thread Information