Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Looking at modded Fzr.. Any insight for me

hey fellas. So my search continues.. after 2-3 weeks an 2010 blue fzr caught my eye, the color looks amazing.. He is about 2-3 hours south of me so i would like to hear from some of the guys who mod and if this is a good idea or run? Personally Ive always bought stock.. from cars.. dirtbikes.. quads etc due to it being abused or parts put on by a rookie, but more I research some of these mods are actually upgrades some members reccomend.

Heres the details:

2010 YAMAHA FZR/FZS JETSKI $9500 O.B.O
    59 hours, he is the second owner and bought it with 5 hours
    Jetski is in excellent/Mint conditions inside and out (runs and looks brand new) always garaged
    And flushed with freshwater after each use
    The supercharged 210HP/ 1812cc engine is 100% stock with all the bolt on mods and was built to last
    -fzr rear seat
    -Riva mirror delete kit
    -Riva cold Air intake system
    -Riva manifold upgrade kit
    -Riva free flow exhaust with cut and gutted waterbox
    -Riva intercooler system with strainer and bigger lines
    -Riva Engine cooling upgrade kit
    - hks blow off valve
    -Riva B1 supercharger impeller with riva supercharger shaft (11 lbs wheel)
    - R3 reflash
    -R&D Intake Grate
    -Vx ride plate cut by Jim's performance

-76 mph @ 8000rpm's on gps.
    - change or pitch the prop if you want to go 80mph-85mph
    Extremely fast and reliable and sounds like no other

-Everything in blue is the obvious of what Im not sure of and if there will be any issues.

From the pics the guy isnt lying it looks well kept. He said Im more then welcome to test ride the ski and he has nothing to hide as hes in a jetski club and has taken the ski on 50-60 mile rides without a hiccup. About 2 weeks ago the price started at 10,500 as of today 9,500obo. Im willing to bet i could prob offer him 8500 on the spot and he would take it.. what do you think??

+1
    If you buy it, repitch the prop or replace it with a new Skat and you should be doing 79-80 reliably with that B1/R3/IC and the VX plate. Inspect it carefully and try to get a quick ride test before buying IMO.

+1
    If they are a member of the South FL Riders then they are not lying about the long rides. The couple I have been on are enough to drain members fuel tanks with some stopping at the marina pumps to fill up.

very mild mods on that ski i wouldnt let them scare you away.

+1
    not sure what group he is in.. I figured jetski junkies but he didnt really respond about what group he was in.. yeah the ski looks extremely clean going to wait until he is back in town to see it..

Meanwhile I came across a 09 fzr that was used in only fresh water the engine bay looked cleaner than a 2013 i looked at yesterday absolutely no rust every hose clip was factory and looked new.. only defect is the back bumper was hit but no big deal.. now searching everywhere for a trailer!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak95 View Post
    not sure what group he is in.. I figured jetski junkies but he didnt really respond about what group he was in.. yeah the ski looks extremely clean going to wait until he is back in town to see it..

Meanwhile I came across a 09 fzr that was used in only fresh water the engine bay looked cleaner than a 2013 i looked at yesterday absolutely no rust every hose clip was factory and looked new.. only defect is the back bumper was hit but no big deal.. now searching everywhere for a trailer!
    I'd think that if you got the '10 with all of those mods (you're looking at ~3000-4000 worth of parts +install depending on if it's the full Riva IC or just the stock IC upgrade) for under $9k it would be an outstanding deal. As long as it's clean and he flushed it you should be fine, other than the clutch you've got nothing to worry about but that's a part that could wear out even on a stock '09. The only reason to consider the '09 for me would be if it was ALOT cheaper, the fresh water only use is an advantage but not something I'd worry about too much if it's clean especially if you are planning on taking it to the salt anyway.

+1
    Yeah it's 7500 no trailer. Or there's a 2012 with 58 hours no warrenty the dealer wants 11300 for it with full set up. Only thing that kills me is I'm currently standing on the beach with 15ish people all on there skis telling me id be an idiot to buy a ski without a warrenty

+1
    Honestly didn't think this would be this hard haha..

+1

Looking at modded Fzr.. Any insight for me

The 09 sounds like a better deal
    Last edited by Mike1646; 06-05-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: none

+1
    Yeah it's deff clean. What you think about no warrenty tho? My boy even tho it's a 2013 seadoo.. Has had his ski in the shop more than the water with 6k of receipts on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information