Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PWC sound system

Anybody used the Waveaudia PWC sound system and did you run an amp with it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock2u View Post
    There one of my sponsors and have been for two years. The owner of the company Steve is a great guy.

Nothing against wave audia but I was choosing between wave audia and soggy dog audio and decided to go with soggy dog audio and have no regrets.

My signature has a link to my soggy dog installation thread. If you have any questions let me know!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Miller View Post
    Nothing against wave audia but I was choosing between wave audia and soggy dog audio and decided to go with soggy dog audio and have no regrets.My signature has a link to my soggy dog installation thread. If you have any questions let me know!
    Poor choice in my opinion. I had the soggy dog for two years and the customer service was horrible. Anytime I have had any issue with Waveaudia products or wanted a upgrade, they have over nighted me anything I want no questions asked before they become on board with me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock2u View Post
    To answer your question a amp does come with the product.

+1
    You would not catch me dead with the cheesy waveaudia system on my ski. Its hideous looking, belongs in the early 90's and is nothing impressive. I do wish yamaha would release a factory option like Kawi did with the 310.

Before my ski was jacked I was considering having the side scoops removed and see if a audio shop could build fiberglass replacements that would hold a set of 5" quality speakers. Would love 6" but think they would be to big to build an enclosure for. I'll have to wait till I get my replacement ski before I can work on getting it done.

I have even considered taking the glovebox and just having the cover replaced to hold a single speaker for sound

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    You would not catch me dead with the cheesy waveaudia system on my ski. Its hideous looking, belongs in the early 90's and is nothing impressive. I do wish yamaha would release a factory option like Kawi did with the 310.

Before my ski was jacked I was considering having the side scoops removed and see if a audio shop could build fiberglass replacements that would hold a set of 5" quality speakers. Would love 6" but think they would be to big to build an enclosure for. I'll have to wait till I get my replacement ski before I can work on getting it done.

I have even considered taking the glovebox and just having the cover replaced to hold a single speaker for sound
    Well that's your opinion. I have seen there product in 3 different colors and they have all looked sharp. Waveaudia is your best bang for your buck hands down. No drilling. No removing nothing. Hands down excellent customer service. PS don't knock it until you try it. It's clear you have neither system in the past. Try it sometime the quality and sound is fantastic. Just my .02 cents. Bye the way sorry to here about ski.

Why not buy abs plastic,a cheap set of speakers, adhesive, and run a cheap waterproof pyle amp and away you go. This is a method I am choosing to do if I end up actually putting a stereo on one of my pwc.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-3-.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	331412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide7.jpeg 
Views:	250 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	331413

Nothing about this looks good to me.

I have found small abs bullet style enclosures that will fit a 5" speaker which bolt on that I considered, but would rather they be molded to follow the lines. There are a bunch of cheap amp options that will provide more than enough power are marine rated and low amp draw. Its purely a speaker placement issue for me.

Seeing as I have about $25k in audio gear for my DJ setup I tend to be picky with my audio.

(aquatic av aq-dm-4ubt Bluetooth media locker) this is what i plan on installing in the rear wall of my glove box has everything
    4 channel 45 watts 4 ohm and 2 ohm stable

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information