Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PWC Passenger Weight Limit

Hello so I had a question regarding pwc weight limits. So my vxr's weight limit is 530 pounds. How strict is this? For example, last weekend I had 2 buddies riding on the back. There was probably close to 600 pounds on the ski.

Is this a big no no? Will it cause issues in the future? I don't have that much weight on it all the time, just every once in a while.

Thanks

+1
    Manufacturers are probably a little conservative when listing their max weight limits. Obviously around 600 pounds didn't destroy your ski but like you said...it's probably something you wouldn't want to do often. How did it ride with all 3 of you on there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Manufacturers are probably a little conservative when listing their max weight limits. Obviously around 600 pounds didn't destroy your ski but like you said...it's probably something you wouldn't want to do often. How did it ride with all 3 of you on there? lol
    Ok Thats what I thought. Lol it actually rode well. We were jumpin waves and hitting turns well. Only time we had problems was when we were stopped, we would lose our balance and fell off a couple times haha.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Miller View Post
    Ok Thats what I thought. Lol it actually rode well. We were jumpin waves and hitting turns well. Only time we had problems was when we were stopped, we would lose our balance and fell off a couple times haha.
    lol...yeah stopped or almost stopped is the worst.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    More of a problem is there were 3 guys on one ski......

Wheres the women?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post

Wheres the women?
    Sausage fest

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Miller View Post

lol...yeah stopped or almost stopped is the worst.
    Oh yea you're telling me. I like doing it on purpose sometimes. Have come close to flipping the ski before when we all fall off

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post

Wheres the women?
    Lmao I had actually just gotten done giving 2 girls a ride. Then both of my buddies wanted to go. Believe me, I get sexy chicks asking for rides all the time at the beach I ride at.

These things are chick magnets lol

+1
    Little nuts to butts action goin on there..lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 94Gt5.0 View Post
    Haha, as soon as I started reading his post, I could tell this thread was going to divert a bit. Not only were there 3 guys, it doesn't sound like they were little guys either. It's all good.

To answer your original question, If you're just cruising around, I can't see any harm done. I think the weight limits are on there so the craft doesn't sink. If it's not sunk, you're good. Now, I probably wouldn't do a lot of wave jumping with 600 lbs on it. I can see some possible hull damage if you did it a lot, I'm sure you're fine if you don't do it often.

That being said, go find some more chicks.

Lol you guys have never had 2 buddies riding on the back ever?

Quote Originally Posted by sortsol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 94Gt5.0 View Post
    Haha, as soon as I started reading his post, I could tell this thread was going to divert a bit. Not only were there 3 guys, it doesn't sound like they were little guys either. It's all good.

To answer your original question, If you're just cruising around, I can't see any harm done. I think the weight limits are on there so the craft doesn't sink. If it's not sunk, you're good. Now, I probably wouldn't do a lot of wave jumping with 600 lbs on it. I can see some possible hull damage if you did it a lot, I'm sure you're fine if you don't do it often.

That being said, go find some more chicks.
    My thoughts exactly! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing any damage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information