+1

2008 RXT X 255 trade in value

Thinking of trading in my 2008 for a 2012-13 on special but wanted to know if the dealer gives fair trade in value or if you usually take a loss. I owe about 5k on my 08 wanting maybe a 2014 RXTX 260 if I can find a decent deal leaving me financing about the same amount just on a newer ski. I have 87 hours on my 08 in great condition has upgrades value sits at 7300. Is it worth it or should I stay put?

+1
    I'm sure they can get the financing on the new ski to come out about the same per month, with a longer term of course...but the dealer is not going to give you what the value of the ski is....keep in mind they have to resell it and make a profit. Wouldn't hurt to just check with them and see what they will offer...but don't go in expecting $7300 for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaGuy24 View Post
    I'm sure they can get the financing on the new ski to come out about the same per month, with a longer term of course...but the dealer is not going to give you what the value of the ski is....keep in mind they have to resell it and make a profit. Wouldn't hurt to just check with them and see what they will offer...but don't go in expecting $7300 for it.
    No of course not that would be unrealistic with a dealer how ever they did offer to do consignment in which I can get more than 7300 for my ski. The price of the 13 is 12799 they also have a reg 260 like the 12 I have for 11999 do those prices sound right? I'm in California BTW. I think fair trade would be about 6 or so but the consignment option sounds good too but I would hate for them to sell that ski and be stuck without mine because even though my credit is good I doubt I can get the new one financed while have two already technically financed as well might be an issue.

+1
    In my opinion, sell your current ski to a private party (here, craigslist, etc.) and then go in to buy the new one.

5. +1 by:

+1
    In my opinion, sell your current ski to a private party (here, craigslist, etc.) and then go in to buy the new one.
    Thanks the hard part is what's a fair asking price for the ski on craigslist I can inflate price lol on here not so much k do believe it is worth 7k though honestly bare minimum maybe I'm crazy

+1
    ^This. Mine sold in two days...it's the perfect time of year to sell private.

Since you are in Fresno, I used a random Fresno zip code on these sites to see what they list values as.

Nadaguides has it listed at $6510 low retail and $7360 average retail.

Kelly Blue Book has it at $6665 retail and $4595 for trade in.

Put it on Craigslist for $7500 and deal from there...F consignment. No need to give the dealer a cut of the sale when you can easily sell it yourself.
    Last edited by Q in Arizona; 06-06-2014 at 03:07 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

Since you are in Fresno, I used a random Fresno zip code on these sites to see what they list values as.

Put it on Craigslist for $7500 and deal from there...F consignment. No need to give the dealer a cut of the sale when you can easily sell it yourself.
    Thanks bro I listed it on craigslist for a higher price I know no one will buy just to see if I get a higher offer. What yours sell for? I just think an RXT X 260 for 12799 is a good deal or could better be had? Appreciate the input it isn't a must sell more of a see what happens thing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

Thanks bro I listed it on craigslist for a higher price I know no one will buy just to see if I get a higher offer. What yours sell for? I just think an RXT X 260 for 12799 is a good deal or could better be had? Appreciate the input it isn't a must sell more of a see what happens thing
    I had a 2012 GTR with 26 hours and sold it for what I owed on it...8 grand with an old 2007 Zieman trailer. Could have sold it for a little more but probably would have taken longer to sell and would of had to deal with people trying to haggle down and all that shit and if the first of the month would have rolled around again before selling it that would have costed me $200 for another payment so like I said...I priced it to sell and it sold in 2 days with zero negotiations. lol

Thread Information