Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Just got a 2004 gtx supercharged limited

Thought Id get on here and sign up since this is the place for people who know what they are talking about. The ski is practically new its been sitting in a garage since 2011 and the owners sold it because they are getting a divorce. I cracked it open and looked at the motor and its pristine. Does have a few hours on it and I was wondering if I baby it can I get to 150 before I get the supercharger rebuilt or should I do like everyone says and get it done at 100.

+1
    if its an 04 get the SC rebuilt now.

was it ever rebuilt before? the worst thing for a ski is to sit.

+1
    you might..but no one can tell you that for sure..There are s/c lasted even more before a rebuild, but why take the chance? Change oil, oil filter, plugs as well. Just to be on the safe side...When dealing with water you should always think proactively..

If it has been sitting without use, I would definitely inspect the exhaust valves for stem corrosion. Most of the 04's and 05's I buy with dropped valves were due to sitting up.

+1
    The shop I got it from had just done a full inspection and service on it and he wouldnt let me buy it till I tried it out. Theres not a bit of rust anywhere on it its been used in fresh water. He had a shop full of skis there some newer and this was the cleanest best looking one he had. This guy doesnt sell jet skis he just works on them but he was selling this one for the owner. Where is that exhaust valve and Ill check it out? I looked over everything real good even with a flash light and I cant find any rust or corrosion anywhere on it.

+1
    You need to listen to the advice you are getting here, take the SC off now, and get it rebuilt by Jerry before you ride the ski! It has ceramic washers in the SC and will cause $3500-4000 damage WHEN they come apart! Look at SC Rebuild service above.

The exhaust valve are in the engine head, which should be pulled.

Sounds like you got a good deal, but there are few maintenance things you need to do before you ride.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    You need to listen to the advice you are getting here, take the SC off now, and get it rebuilt by Jerry before you ride the ski! It has ceramic washers in the SC and will cause $3500-4000 damage WHEN they come apart! Look at SC Rebuild service above.

Sounds like you got a good deal, but there are few maintenance things you need to do before you ride.
    Im already on the waiting list to get it rebuilt from the shop I bought it at. Gonna take 4 weeks though cause hes booked up and he charges 500 I think the riva rebuild kit would cost even more. He told me it needed to be rebuilt at 100 hours before I even bought it. It only has 80 hours on it so far.
    Last edited by coreyallen; 06-07-2014 at 05:34 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyallen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post

Im already on the waiting list to get it rebuilt from the shop I bought it at. Gonna take 4 weeks though cause hes booked up and he charges 500 I think the riva rebuild kit would cost even more. He told me it needed to be rebuilt at 100 hours before I even bought it. It only has 80 hours on it so far.
    Bring the ski home, remove the SC yourself in less than 1-2 hours, send it to Jerry per the thread below, you will have it back professionally rebuilt within 6-9 DAYS, reinstall yourself and your on the water. The rebuild kit is $328 and Jerry only charges $75 for his labor. You will never find any dealer on this planet that can do as quick a turn around and get the best rebuilt charger possible. Here is the kit from the online store:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

There is a How To thread explaining how to remove and reinstall it yourself, with some basic tools, your sister could this! Save yourself a lot of down time, money, and learn about your ski!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

+1
    Thanks bro I appreciate it. What kind of hours or miles can I expect to get on a full tank? Im not gonna rag it out and will probably top out at around 40 miles an hour.

+1
    ...60 miles at least..with reasonable throttle use..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information