Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Wakeboard, Kneeboard, and or wakeskating opinions please

I will be getting a new 310LX (I think) in the near future. I know the ski has the power to pull. I am just wanting you opinions on the three listed activities.

1. I can snowboard very well (several tricks & a few flips). How would wakeboarding be on a jetski? Itll be mostly my wife and i so cruising would be ok. If i could get any air at all i think it would be worth it for me.

2. I have been kneeboarding once. It was many years ago. I was able to get up a few times and liked it very much (with a boat). How would new kneeboards be on a ski? Im really liking the idea of this because butters are my favorite trick on my snowboard (spinning while going down hill). Seems the kneeboard is all about the spins.

3. I tried skaeboarding back as a kid and just didnt like it. Seems like it would be fun once i get wakeboarding from the ski under control.

Let me know what you guys think.

+1
    Obviously there won't be any concerns with having enough power on a 310LX... I'm 200 lbs and my SHO pulls me out of the water on a slalom ski as was well as any boat I've been behind.

1. You can definitely do all 3. Wakeboarding won't be like it is on a big Mastercraft or Malibu boat, but it's definitely doable, especially if you have never done it (in other words, if you're just learning how to do it and aren't used to the huge wakes getting thrown by some of the bigger boats). Get a bit of a shorter rope and you'll be able to get some air. Also, find a good heavy buddy to sit on the back of the jetski to create a bit of a better wake.

2. Kneeboarding will work great. I don't kneeboard much, but I have one and have done it.

3. Wakeskating seems like it was built for jetski's. Very fun and you don't have to worry as much about throwing the jetski around like you would on a slalom ski or wakeboard when you cut hard.

Enjoy and good luck! I'm going to teach my kids how to waterski behind our waverunner this year.

+1
    Will the trimm function on the 310 help with making a better wake? Also if i dont have a heavy set spotter could i make some sort of sand bag system to strap down? I have seen a few other posts about sand bags.

I am going to go to a few shops tomorrow and look at the sea doo and the SVHO. I really dont like yamaha tho. I hated my R6 and the r1 was nothing to brag about.

+1
    Take a look at the Seadoo Wake 215. It has everything you need for wakeboarding and towing. Board rack too.

+1
    I just dont like the ski itself (im picky). Im really pushing the 310LX to the wife. I think she is on my side. She just wants to see the other one out there before we sign off on it.

I would rather mod the 310 rather then get the wake 215. Power comes to mind. Knowing the 310 is out there will only make me wish i had it. I have been riding 1000CC bikes for many years now. I think im gonna need all the stock power i can get.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I just dont like the ski itself (im picky). Im really pushing the 310LX to the wife. I think she is on my side. She just wants to see the other one out there before we sign off on it.

I would rather mod the 310 rather then get the wake 215. Power comes to mind. Knowing the 310 is out there will only make me wish i had it. I have been riding 1000CC bikes for many years now. I think im gonna need all the stock power i can get.
    I hear ya...makes total sense. I'm sure you can add and mount the board racks and other wakeboard specific items to the 300.

+1
    Something else about the 300 if you're planning on doing those things often. The hull is a bit bigger and heavier so I would think it would track better and not get thrown around a lot, especially if you're cutting hard. Especially true if the water is choppy. It's harder to keep a constant speed if you're battling the chop on a smaller ski.

You mentioned power. I wouldn't get too caught up in power difference between the SVHO and 310x (and even the wake 215 for the matter). They'll all have plenty.

+1
    Don't even consider power requirements when it comes to wake boarding or wakeskating. We rode 300 odd hours wakeskating behind a GPR800. Any modern four stroke has enough for that.

+1
    Hmmmmm. I never knew about wakeskating.

+1
    Wakeskating looks like great fun. It also looks like its crazy hard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information