Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339

    RD SVHO Cooling questions

    So, directions are a bit confusing... they say this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rd cool 004.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	331541  


  2. #2
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    ...but show this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rd cool 003.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	331542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rd cool 006.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	331543  

  3. #3
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    My question is where is everyone drilling through the transom at?

  4. #4
    Rt-HemiBoY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    HiAleAH-MiAMi--FL
    Posts
    1,315
    +1
    24
    Yes they are confusing and I will never open up a hole on the hull specialle on the transom area were this ski are.prone to fail i use the siphoon bilge thru hull to do the cooling..

  5. #5
    Chupacobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,369
    +1
    408
    The siphoon is 3/8 on the outlet and 5/8 on the inlet correct? Won't thaf be too small? Unless you're drilling and tapping that location amd putting a 1/2 fitting there

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    174
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    My question is where is everyone drilling through the transom at?
    I drilled mine at the top right of the pump area...opposite side of where the one is in the pictures. I also only ran 1 hose and not 2 from that kit. Just a dedicated line to the intercooler.

    If you drill it on the top right, you will need a longer piece of hose that connects to the pump strainer fitting then what is supplied with the kit.

  7. #7
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    My question is where is everyone drilling through the transom at?
    I drilled mine at the top right of the pump area...opposite side of where the one is in the pictures. I also only ran 1 hose and not 2 from that kit. Just a dedicated line to the intercooler.

    If you drill it on the top right, you will need a longer piece of hose that connects to the pump strainer fitting then what is supplied with the kit.
    You went through the aluminum pump support, correct? Just like the one they show on the left side? It seems the instructions tell you to do that on both sides of the VTS cable fitting... if you're gonna use two lines anyway.

  8. #8
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    My question is where is everyone drilling through the transom at?
    I drilled mine at the top right of the pump area...opposite side of where the one is in the pictures. I also only ran 1 hose and not 2 from that kit. Just a dedicated line to the intercooler.

    If you drill it on the top right, you will need a longer piece of hose that connects to the pump strainer fitting then what is supplied with the kit.
    You went through the aluminum pump support, correct? Just like the one they show on the left side? It seems the instructions tell you to do that on both sides of the VTS cable fitting... if you're gonna use two lines anyway.
    Mine is tapped with 3 hull thru fittings. The transom plate is not a weakpoint the pump tunnel is if it us not re enforced.
    if you remove the reverse cable you can use that as a thru hull fitting too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	331599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset-2.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	331601  

  9. +1 by:


  10. #9
    RobZ71LM7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    354
    +1
    55
    I used the location that Riva shows on their gen II intercooler. They have better instructions and pictures.

  11. #10

    RD SVHO Cooling questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    So, directions are a bit confusing... they say this:
    The reason it tells you to drill through the transom on both sides of the vts cable is bc it's much easier. If you do it according to the pics it's going to be much more difficult since the svho skis have a steel plate in the inside of the hull in that area. The steel plate isn't in the way where the instructions are telling you to drill. Trust me I learned from experience and followed the photo and ate up 2 different bits drill through the thick plate. Just follow the written instruction.

    This is the one I did. But it was much more difficult.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402254551.162775.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	331689
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402254563.699187.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	331690
    Last edited by Jmfmk3; 06-08-2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: edit

  12. +1 by:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fz SvHo Cooling Question...
    By RIVERA RACING in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 09:07 AM
  2. WTB - Parts WTB ---Rd. svho water cooled supercharger housing ,,
    By JOSE13RT in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 05:05 AM
  3. SVHO Cooling Question
    By Got Water! in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2015, 07:29 PM
  4. SVHO Cooling Question
    By SVHO-FZS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 09:07 PM
  5. COOLING QUESTION
    By Draven99150 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •