06 seadoo rxp 215hp performance questions!!!

hey guys, recently bought an 06 rxp 215hp, freshly rebuilt engine and SC, anyways it does about 65-67mph.
    I would like to know the easiest/ best/ cheapest/ best sounding/ better performance way to get it to about 72MPH,, all info appreciated, I have some ideas, just wanted to ask the experts lol, just joined the site as well, very helpful....thanks

+1
    Cheapest? Take off the opas and trim your reverse bucket so it's clear of the water coming out the nozzle. But if you have the money, which no one in America has cause Obama needs vacation money, then the skies the limit as to what you can do.

well im not BROKE hahaha but I dont want to spend a TON of money on this jetski because then it would have just been better to have bought a 255 or 260hp by the time im done spending money..... lets say im willing to spend 1500-2000, what can i accomplish spending that much, and will still be safe for the engine

cheapest mod trim your reverse busket , riva plate holes filed, riva intake grate , modified your waterbox cut it and gutted out , impeller 15/20 , 2 pump wedge , 4 inch air intake from the charger straight up , intercooler and you will be doing 72.5 or 73.1 thats what i am running right now and i am doing 72.9 73.1 by gps hope this helps

and if you want to spend 1500 or 2000 then just go with a x charger and 42 injector and a intercooler and a 15/20 and you will be 74 or 75

well i met this mechanic and he says that for about 1200 he will do the air filter, exhaust, intake grate, pump wedge and impeller plus the waterbox which should get me at 71 maybe 72, is this accurate?
    or for 2.8-3000 he will do all that plus the intercooler , x charger, and injectors, to get me to 75, both seem accurate to me, what you guys think?
    no heres my question, if I bought the ski for 5500 and a spend like 3k to get it to 75, wouldnt it just be better to sell it and get a 255hp? for the 8-8.5k i will be spending on this one?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex2550 View Post
    well i met this mechanic and he says that for about 1200 he will do the air filter, exhaust, intake grate, pump wedge and impeller plus the waterbox which should get me at 71 maybe 72, is this accurate?
    or for 2.8-3000 he will do all that plus the intercooler , x charger, and injectors, to get me to 75, both seem accurate to me, what you guys think?
    no heres my question, if I bought the ski for 5500 and a spend like 3k to get it to 75, wouldnt it just be better to sell it and get a 255hp? for the 8-8.5k i will be spending on this one?

If yu want to keep it simple and cheap,Then Go with a 4 inch front or rear air intake,Riva 14/19 prop,Riva intake grate and 2 degree pump wedge along with the freebee mods listed in the mods section....

If money isnt an issue then i would go with a 4 inch air intake,External intercooler,15/20 prop,riva grate,2 degree pump wedge,opas blockoffs and thru hull exhaust......Seeing your charger is freshly rebuilt i dont recommend buying an X charger yet till you burn this one up...Your not gonna get much for it in the classifieds being its only a 8 lbs charger...Once you burn it up then i would go up to an X-charger and bigger injectors...This combo will get you about 75 mph and the one above it will get you about 72...

As far as selling it and getting a newer one...That might be the way to go if your looking to upgrade your performance....with a prop and some other minor upgrades you can have the X boat running mid 70s no problem...

thanks.... pretty much what my mechanic told me, seems like i will get it to 71-72 this summer and probably upgrade to a newer model next summer, thanks guys, very helpful.

Thread Information