+1

Exclamation Steering & Solas Update

OK,

So in the performance section, got a lot of great info (thanks lasportsman) and went ahead and did the 14/21 solas...what a difference!

...now for some bad news

When water testing the solas today, I noticed after hour or so that when I was trimmed middle or above that my pump nozzle would not direct the jet to left left (no left steering)

This continued to get worse and had to trim all the way down as this seemed to be the only setting that I could turn with? After checking the cable somehow it has a lot of slack?

Going back to dealer (have warranty) but curious anyone has insight as to what is going on?

+1
    Sounds like a stretched cable to me.

+1
    When your home with ski on the trailer,the ski should not have to be running,have someone try to turn left /right /left and so on ...

Stand behind the ski look close with flashlight ,you have to and see if cable pipe on steering is extending "in"a few inches when you turn left and extend "out" a few inches on a right turn...

If not something is blocking ,check around the trim ring area,you can insert the orange Immobilizer key and have someone change trim positions and turn HBs simultaneously ...
    See what's going on..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    When your home with ski on the trailer,the ski should not have to be running,have someone try to turn left /right /left and so on ...

Stand behind the ski look close with flashlight ,you have to and see if cable pipe on steering is extending "in"a few inches when you turn left and extend "out" a few inches on a right turn...

If not something is blocking ,check around the trim ring area,you can insert the orange Immobilizer key and have someone change trim positions and turn HBs simultaneously ...
    See what's going on..
    Dave,

You are right...took it ot dealer and looks like the pipe disconnected from the cable section in the back. Since they had recall in 2012 I am getting all new steering cable and assembly.

Just hope get my ski back soon...

Banned User
    +1
    Shouldn't take a tech who knows how to tie his shoe's more then 2hrs to replace a steering cable!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh300x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post

See what's going on..
    Dave,

You are right...took it ot dealer and looks like the pipe disconnected from the cable section in the back. Since they had recall in 2012 I am getting all new steering cable and assembly.

Just hope get my ski back soon...
    great news! Keep us posted..

Thread Information