Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wanna get Pirahna Front Motor Mount is it necessary?

What is the purpose of getting the mount uprgrade? What does it do, and also i have a SS wear ring that'll be going in soon do i need to get the mount?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Ok well that sucks i just ordered the SS wear ring and i didnt get the mount am i gonna be ok for a bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Keep in mind this was on a 82+ mph RXP. No issues whatsoever and there are 100's others running SS wear rings with stock mounts and stock pumps and you never hear about any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Well good to know then lol!! cause i wasnt lookin forward to spending another 200$ just yet! Its gonna have to work for now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I agree!

On the other hand i have seen no ill effects of running a SS ring without a solid front engine mount on Careys old ski. Its definately best to have that front engine mount though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Mike both the Triple bearing mod pump and mount are the safe bet, but the torq from the motor makes the engine flex from the week front mount.
    If you had to just do one I would do the front mount and get rid of most of the engine flex as it is past to the driveshaft and then pump and is why we have so many wear ring issue's.

Front mount helps prevent most engine Flex that in turn goes to the driveshaft and the pump.

How many times are you going to ask about this? You asked about this earlier this month and Jerry himself said it was fine to run the ss ring without it.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 03-30-2007 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    How many times are you going to ask about this? You asked about this earlier this month and Jerry himself said it was fine to run the ss ring without it.

Well thanks for finding what i already asked , but i asked again for more info cause lately people are saying that you need one, and well so i asked again, is there something wrong with that, i didnt need the sarcastic response!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Can I get one example of somebody saying you need it? When Jerry, one of the foremost experts on the subject, says it is not necessary I would tend to believe it.

+1
    Its not really one of those "got to have" items, it's just nice to have.

If you run in rough water or race then i would say its a must.

If you have a high hour machine then i would say get it. I only say this because forum member buddydoo was having a driveshaft alignment issue and leaky carbon seal on his 140+ hour machine. He brought me his stock front mount and i was shocked at how much play it had in it. Not only this it was compressed letting the front of the engine sag. This throws off driveline geometry and caused lots of problems for him.

You DO need it. EVERYONE who does not have one needs it. If you are keeping your ski long term, you need it.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yes eventually it would be wise to replace the oem just like vehicles motor mounts will wear out. Actually Jerry you should get some designed with polyurethane rather than rubber. Could sale a bunch. Anytime I replace rubber bushings on vehicles I try to use polyurethane.

But back to neverendin's question, a new motor mount is not required for a ss wear ring. Skis have ran stock ss wear rings for years. Eventually a new motor mount would be a good idea for a stock ski with "plastic" ring.

Thanks to all i appreciate , and i always trust what Jerry says i just like to hear other opinions thats all. Thanks again

Smile

Wow. Why not just post a link to another thread that answers his question or just answer it yourself? I don't get the point of going through more trouble just to go back to an older thread and quote people just to make him feel stupid. I understand your point but .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information