Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Dialga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    91
    +1
    8

    Kawasaki Ultra 130 Water Leak - carrier assembly

    Hello.


    Hey guys, so I took my ski into the mechanic today since I was getting a water leak. He filled the hull with water and we found 3 leaks, two minor ones in the back on the speedo and on the right drain plug. The major one was what he said a leak coming from the drive shaft. He said I would need "Carrier assembly and seals" and he said he would have to remove the whole motor and it would cost around $600. I can not afford that and I was planning on selling the ski anyways in the future.

    What do you guys recommend I do in this situation?


    thanks


  2. #2
    Spooling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Coast of Florida
    Posts
    1,224
    +1
    167
    Options:

    1. Fix it yourself for less than 100 dollars. It is really not so bad of a job, you will certainly obtain an education through "learning by doing" and also gain a sense of "accomplishment" upon completion of the job.

    Reference: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2208157

    2. Buy an insurance policy on your PWC and pretend you understood "nothing" concerning what the PWC Mechanic previously diagnosed concerning your ski and run the piss out of it, but be certain to wear your life vest so you can swim back to land when your ski "sinks".

    3. Take the easy way out and sell it.

    Good Luck !!!!

  3. #3
    Dialga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    91
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Options:

    1. Fix it yourself for less than 100 dollars. It is really not so bad of a job, you will certainly obtain an education through "learning by doing" and also gain a sense of "accomplishment" upon completion of the job.

    Reference: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2208157

    2. Buy an insurance policy on your PWC and pretend you understood "nothing" concerning what the PWC Mechanic previously diagnosed concerning your ski and run the piss out of it, but be certain to wear your life vest so you can swim back to land when your ski "sinks".

    3. Take the easy way out and sell it.

    Good Luck !!!!
    I prefer option 1 or 3

    I looked through that thread and how similar is that problem to mine?

    ALSO, does it require removing the engine?

  4. #4
    Very common, engine has to be lifted up so you can pull the drive shaft out and unbolt the trailer

  5. #5
    Dialga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    91
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Very common, engine has to be lifted up so you can pull the drive shaft out and unbolt the trailer
    Alright, you're pretty much telling me what the mechanic told me.

    I can not spend $600 dollars on this, what else can I do to fix it? I dont even own a hoist.

  6. #6
    There's no other option.

  7. #7
    whats the difference between a big boat and a small one?
    big boat is a big hole in the water you throw money in
    a small one just has a smaller hole........

  8. #8
    I thought you said you put water in it before and didnt find any leaks

  9. #9
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,200
    +1
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Options:

    2. Buy an insurance policy on your PWC and pretend you understood "nothing" concerning what the PWC Mechanic previously diagnosed concerning your ski and run the piss out of it, but be certain to wear your life vest so you can swim back to land when your ski "sinks".

    Good Luck !!!!
    Just make sure that insurance policy includes a lot of coverage for fuel & oil leakage liability!

  10. #10
    Dialga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    91
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 96Waveventure700 View Post
    I thought you said you put water in it before and didnt find any leaks
    I guess that I wasnt filling it with enough water, when the mechanic did it he stuck his head in and filled it with a lot more water I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts 2001 Kawasaki Ultra 130 Di 1100 Engine
    By Marineking in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 06:25 PM
  2. 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X water still in intake manifold after drowning, help please
    By RickFOB in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
  3. ultra 150 water leak?
    By jeepxj in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 05:27 PM
  4. 2002 Kawasaki Ultra 130 D.I.
    By 20rxp04 in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 09:34 AM
  5. Kawasaki Ultra 150 Water Intake
    By Mack77 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •