Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What wear ring?

+1

Angry What wear ring?

It's gone man. What's gone? I tell you, the women, children, and your f'ng wear ring too. It's gone!

I push off from a beach and must have a rock stuck up there. I start the boat in two feet water. Rat tat tat tat! And then no power.

I got a tow to the nearest ramp with my difficult GF on the other jetski (mine) and then we high tail it home. I get the truck and trailer and pick up my ski. I get it home took picture and it's gone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-08 16.12.59.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	331709

As you can see by the clear white light where darkness should have prevailed.

And other great picture
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-08 16.38.47.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	331710

No wonder you can't create jet thrust, it's going out of bounds

OK, any suggestions? Should I replace it with a steal ring? And maybe a different impeller?
    Last edited by xintersecty; 06-08-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling

+1

3. +1 by:

I would replace it with a stainless steel one and might as well install the Solas impeller since everything will be open for the simple swop.

+1
    It's an argument which way to go and which is better. good points to both sides

But if you had a stainless wearing and did that you'd prob be replacing the impeller as well

6. +1 by:

Yes agreed.. Don't they make a wear ring made of a strong PVC? Willing to break under strong pressure but holds a bit stronger then the stock one? Not sure if just think I read that on a different forn

I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1
    I would just not beach the skis, get an anchor of some sort.

+1
    looking at the front edge of your prop some one has been running through rocks
    you need a new wear ring and clean up leading edge

10. +1 by:

From the looks of it someone can't stay out of the rocks, pebbles, sand, shell etc. That impeller looks like it might be eaten up a bit too, yikes. If whomever rides this ski can't stay out of the crap near the shore, might not be a good idea to get the stainless wear ring cause it will likely get damaged too and that's a lot more $$ to replace, just my .02 cents...

+1
    I went over a to a restaurant on the water that has a dock. The dock gets pounded pretty hard with the wake. I pushed up the spark and my RXT. I pushed the boat away from the shore and was in two feet of water when I started the pump. It did not take it long for the tear the fuck out of it. I pretty much shut down quick too. So beaching is pretty common, and it a small rock did that, then the pump design is way too fragile for normal wear and tear.

So I am not going over to that restaurant unless they get jet ski docks. WTF, this is what get from GF when I said let's not go there as they don't have proper jet ski lifts, we could have gone to an other bar with proper jet ski lifts and have my drink too. Well darn! Might have to replace her and the f'ng wear ring too.

I am leaning towards a steal wear ring, it's what Jerry recommends. So if this happens again, I could have shut down the pump, clean out the the trash and gone home. Granted my leading would have gotten chewed up, and I would have lost a few miles per hour at least I could have gone home.

+1
    Checking the different stainless steel rings. Riva 180, R&D 240, and Skat at 220. Any recommendations over one vs the other? Who bought what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information