SMOKED A couple Yamis tonight!!

OK. first I'm no speed junkie but I do love hitting the throttle on my rxt-x.. I have also considered getting a Yami FX SHO...great hull for the chop and with that yami dependability and all, well, you know..that may have all changed tonight..I was drifting along an inlet to the ocean(was jumping waves earlier) with a buddy who was fishing and two guys on fxsho's, a 2011 and a 2013 pull up and start BSing...turns out I know one of them and after some "ski talk", they ask if i'd like to race...so I ask if they have had any "upgrades".. one guy chuckles and admits he has had "some work done"...So I agree and off we go...I even let them go first...Well this may be no suprise to the seadoo peeps, but I was pretty happy when I handily bested both of them!...bone stock 09 rxt-x, but thats just the beginning of the story!
    One guy fell off the pace after 1/4 mile, figured he just gave up, when we get to the finish and am BSing, the other guy seems to be taking on water!...He was, and fast! Although his ski would run, it wouldn't go anywhere!...I quickly get him a line and start towing him to the ramp, luckily I was there as his buddy, in the other yam, is dead too!...My friend in his gti 130 gets to tow him in now! Not sure what may have happend, guessing he blew a hose?...Either way I missed a cool photo op of two doo's towing two yamahas...I'll try to find out what may have happened and get back to ya. What a night!

+1
    Ohhhh Boy!....here we go again,"Battle of the Brands"...

+1
    Hahaha

+1
    Yeah boys lets not start this again...Lets keep it real as we just had the shit hit the fan in the Kawi section....I know you guys will be decent about it..
    Thanks and have a nice day..

Sno.

+1
    More than smoking them you sank them lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1646 View Post
    I have an 08 255x they are monsters for some reason I like it more than my 2012 260 just seems faster in acceleration

Looks like we can put this one to rest quickly...seems as though he must have hit something(tho he doesn't recall doing so) when getting ski on trailer, there was an approximately 8"x6" hole in the bottom!.....As for the other ski? Looks like just water in the gas and/or out of gas....filled it up and seams better....so far. Luckily he had insurance and will be looking for a new one today....Haven't asked him yet if he is considering a seadoo tho

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1646 View Post
    lol...he must have done a torpedo mod.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post
    Looks like we can put this one to rest quickly...seems as though he must have hit something(tho he doesn't recall doing so) when getting ski on trailer, there was an approximately 8"x6" hole in the bottom!.....As for the other ski? Looks like just water in the gas and/or out of gas....filled it up and seams better....so far. Luckily he had insurance and will be looking for a new one today....Haven't asked him yet if he is considering a seadoo tho

How could you NOT notice hitting something that puts that big of a hole in the hull?....

That's like not noticing hitting a pothole big enough to crack a rim.

Quote Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post

How could you NOT notice hitting something that puts that big of a hole in the hull?....

That's like not noticing hitting a pothole big enough to crack a rim.
    Not sure, a couple of us were wondering the same thing...I'm thinking it might not take much doing 65 and hit something you may not even be able to tell difference from a wave? or....
    maybe fell off a trailer and dealer made it nice and pretty...who would even look that close at a brand new ski from a dealer...and then just came apart blasting some decent sized waves?

Thread Information