Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My son flipped SeaDoo Spark over and it stood submerged for like 5 minutes.

Well, went to the lake today, it was the first time ever my son as ever been on a PWC ever in his life. I really wanted it to be a nice experience for him, since he was really hesitant to get on (he didnt want to). I only get to see my kids on the weekends, so they never really go out with me all the times I did.

Anyways, when I finally saw him enjoy the Spark, he tried to get his hat and he flipped it over and it stood flipped over submerged for 5 minutes. How Sad! Thankfully their was a person right next to him, who taught him how to flip it back over, I forgot to mention to him about the ride plate that gets hot, thankfully he didnt get burned. He couldn't get back on the Spark, even with the reboarding step, mind you he only weighs 200 lbs (I know he is a big 17 year old).

My kids are hard headed, thankfully they listened to me about always having their life vests on, and the big one listened to me.

Anyways we had a terrible day at the lake, probably one of the worst days ever. Thank God he didnt get hurt, he is really mad at me, and wont talk to me right now. He kept saying "I told you I didnt want to get on it!"

Now my Spark is saying "Maintenance Required" but the Spark works well? I didnt try to go 50mph on it, do you think I could just clear the codes with my Maptun Tool?

Thanks...

The code may indicate water ingestion. If it was down for 5 minutes I would at least go through the procedure outlind in the manual .

+1
    Yes that Maintenance Required message comes up around 40hrs
    yes you can reset it with maptuner tool

It you flip it get it running ASAP
    you did the right thing

Now my Spark is saying "Maintenance Required" but the Spark works well? I didnt try to go 50mph on it, do you think I could just clear the codes with my Maptun Tool?

Thanks...

Most importantly my son didn't get hurt, i did lose my Galaxy Note 2, so that's $500 dollars down the drain (my phone was in the tiny storage in a seal tight bag but water got in anyway).

Surprisingly when I went to the rear of my spark after retrieving it, I removed the bilge drain plug and hardly any water came out? That's after my Spark was flipped over for 5 minutes?

Also it ran great? But it still displays "Maintenance Required"

+1
    Oh man...sorry to hear this.

Well a couple of lessons I learned the hard way:

1. Use the orange emergency kit in the front of the spark to store your phone, because in a worse emergency, even in a tight seal bag, water penetrated in the bag in the tiny upper front key storage, and made the phone useless, imagine being out real far away in a worse emergency and your phone doesn't work. This is my $500 dollar lesson.

2. I really regret getting the 2 up, I should have gotten the 3 up, I imagine reboarding on the 3 up is way easier, in deep water the 2 up spark was a task even for my 17 year old son who is fit.

3. Not having 2 skis out in the water ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, I was on shore & too far away from my son to reach him, it's always better to ride 2 skis in case of an emergency.

4. I was afraid my son was going to get burned flipping the ski over with the heat exchanger plate, PLEASE TELL Everyone You lend ur Spark this very important information, they can get incapacitated.

5. Absolutely, a super must, is go over every emergency training and tell everyone where is the emergency kit, phone, how to flip the ski over, etc.

Seeing my son under the spark when he initially flipped it over caused me great concern, you could die very quickly. I couldn't sleep last night

+1
    On #1- The Orange container is a Great Plus! I keep a few paper towels in the bottom and then wallet, keys, Trac Phone, Reg and PWC Card and it really clamps in there very secure and seems to be quite water tight if you screw it in good. At the end of the day I just take the container and walk to the car.

+1
    It's always good to test your "waterproof" anything before finding out the hard way...and making sure it floats with whatever gear you carry in it is a good thing to check too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheappc View Post
    Well, went to the lake today, it was the first time ever my son as ever been on a PWC ever in his life. I really wanted it to be a nice experience for him, since he was really hesitant to get on (he didnt want to). I only get to see my kids on the weekends, so they never really go out with me all the times I did.

Anyways, when I finally saw him enjoy the Spark, he tried to get his hat and he flipped it over and it stood flipped over submerged for 5 minutes. How Sad! Thankfully their was a person right next to him, who taught him how to flip it back over, I forgot to mention to him about the ride plate that gets hot, thankfully he didnt get burned. He couldn't get back on the Spark, even with the reboarding step, mind you he only weighs 200 lbs (I know he is a big 17 year old).

My kids are hard headed, thankfully they listened to me about always having their life vests on, and the big one listened to me.

Anyways we had a terrible day at the lake, probably one of the worst days ever. Thank God he didnt get hurt, he is really mad at me, and wont talk to me right now. He kept saying "I told you I didnt want to get on it!"

Thanks...
    I wouldn't get too down over this. All of us have had our share of bad lake days. Last one we had my wife decided we're selling the ski's. Luckily it's not up to her We've had plenty of good lake days since then and so will you. Live and learn sometimes. The good thing is nobody go hurt. Give it some time. Your son will laugh about it and grow to love the ski (if you can ever get him on it again .

My brother-in-law is 280 lbs. My first ski I bought was a 2 seater polaris. He fell off that once in a cold lake. It literally took him a half hour to get back on. I thought he was going to get hypothermia. Tell your son you'll take him out for a burger if he'll get back on. Might even be beneficial to practice re-boarding in shallow water in case it happens again.

Good luck!!

10. +1 by:

Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information