Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Electrical nightmare!

Hey everyone, back with a few questions about my RXP. I just hooked up the battery and i cant get any power to the ski. I replaced the 2 30amp fuses on the fuse box and nothing. Its a brand new battery (said 12.9v when i took it off the charger). I removed all the fuses and i never seen any corrosion. I can hear a buzzing from the fuse box though. I think the battery is good because i connected it to ground and then touched the starter post with the positive and the engine cranked perfectly. Would a bad starter solenoid cause a total loss of power? Ive searched around and i cant really find anything. the buzzing is only there if the key is on the DESS post. The ski is completely rebuilt so i'm confident there is no corrosion on the grounds causing this. I pulled a 10A fuse that sounded suspect and it measured 6 ohms. is this normal? there are also 2 connectors around the engine i cant find a home for. One only has one blue/red wire in it and the other is by the throttle body and has a white/yellow and blue/yellow wire in it.

Thanks everyone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wire1.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	331760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wire2.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	331761

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The single wire plug goes to the front oil pressure sensor, and the two wire plug goes to the crank position sensor. Your magneto plug is also missing in the second picture?

None of those unconnected plugs would cause a total power loss though, and a bad solenoid wouldn't either. A good fuse will ohm out at .2 ohms.

+1
    the buzzing noise is from a bad ground, check your ground connection on the front of the motor. there should be 3 wires connected to the block.

The 2 wire plug( crank position sensor) in pic #2 must be connected otherwise the ski will never start.

+1
    Okay thanks. Where does the crank position sensor come out of the block? I'm assuming it's the long one coming from under the PTO housing? Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I got 3 wires on the back. I actually replaced the ground so I'm sure it's good but il clean it up again.

i also replaced the key and had the ecu sent out to be programed so that gotta be good too.

+1
    Crank position sensor wires on the 04-05's comes out of the top of the pto cover.

+1
    Okay so I got the buzzing "fixed". All the grounds look good and are tight but when I jumped the negative terminal everything fired up and seemed to work. I get "SENSOR" on the screen (obviously because of the 2 unplugged). I have looked everywhere on the front of the motor and I can't find a oil pressure plug. Any help there? Does the crank sensor come out in a black sleeve.? The only 2 sensors coming out of the PTO are pictured below. I'm pretty sure the 3 yellow is the stator. The black one under neath won't connect to the grey plug. It's connected to the one in the picture.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	332020

Views:	47 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	332021
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	33 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	332019  

Quote Originally Posted by sero901 View Post
    Okay so I got the buzzing "fixed". All the grounds look good and are tight but when I jumped the negative terminal everything fired up and seemed to work. I get "SENSOR" on the screen (obviously because of the 2 unplugged). I have looked everywhere on the front of the motor and I can't find a oil pressure plug. Any help there? Does the crank sensor come out in a black sleeve.? The only 2 sensors coming out of the PTO are pictured below. I'm pretty sure the 3 yellow is the stator. The black one under neath won't connect to the grey plug. It's connected to the one in the picture.

Views:	46 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	332020

Views:	47 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	332021
    Thats a 06 and up PTO/ motor , it will not work with your 04 wiring harness.

+1
    How would I know if they swapped the whole harness and motor. I think it's all been swapped to work. The motor has been in this ski before (Apearntly) so it must be a way of working.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sero901 View Post
    The motor has been in this ski before (Apearntly) so it must be a way of working.
    Not with 04-05 electronics.
    Last edited by BigDaddyRXP; 06-09-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information