Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Sucked up a shell and destroyed new prop, took a visit to DCC Motorsports...FTW!

Hey guys, I thought I would share a recent story-

We all love happy endings right? Well just 2 weeks ago I managed to suck up a little shell which trashed my new prop... I JUST had Duke @ DCC motorsports pitch and tune my 2012 RXPX back in March. The ski was phenomenal, running about 80 @ 8900 and I was so happy with Duke's work and the performance.. But things happen and sometimes life throws you a lemon, or in this case a shell-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	331912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	331916

Well, I decided that since I needed a new prop that I might as well throw Riva's new Pump in and try it out (Dukes recommendation). I didn't know what to expect as I thought the pump would be more Hype than results but lets its well worth it! Here are some pics of when Duke was installing it - (BTW, I went ahead and ordered all new oem bearings and new shaft so it would be a completed pump to bolt right in)

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	331913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	331914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	331915

I also spoke to Duke about making a little more power but didn't want to run a bigger charger. He suggested using his custom Camshaft and I'm really glad I made the decision to add it! Let me be clear here, before we added the cam Duke did some test runs with the new Riva pump and new prop. It was turning 8600rpm and was running strong after initial install and first pitch. We immediately went back to the shop and installed the Cam - after Duke finished we headed back to the test lake... RPMS WERE NOW 8850! The cam picked up 250rpms! I was shocked but Duke figured it would it do that as it has picked up at least 200+ on all his installs in the past.. I highly recommend this cam plus it just sounds nasty.

Duke did one last final pitch after the cam and we went back to the test lake for RPM/AFR tuning. We ended up with 9000 rpms and AFR's dialed in perfect! The ski runs about 84 on the dash and pulls hard everywhere. It holeshots FAR better than ever before and cam really made a huge all around impact. I couldn't be happier with my ski and Dukes work. Duke is a stand up guy and really know his stuff, I will ALWAYS recommend him for engine builds/work down to supercharger rebuilds and prop pitching!!

Ill post some video the next time I get out-

Here is my mod list for those interested:
    DCC motorsports custom Cam, Supertech springs, ID1000's, Athena, CAI, Riva XX charger, Riva III IC & Hard pipes, Riva hull thru exhaust+waterbox, Riva Pump and DCC pitched 15/19, FPR, 160 thermostat, catch can, mani upgrade...

+1
    Nice work mate, so the pump made it feel stronger everywhere?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    Nice work mate, so the pump made it feel stronger everywhere?
    The pump made a difference for hole-shot and mid-range acceleration. I would say that overall it helps accelerate the ski much faster to top speed but not so much add top speed. It definitely will get to 80mph quicker, especially when I'm going 30-50mph and go WOT - it just feels stronger than before. Obviously the cam helps too .

+1
    Nice!

+1
    Strong running ski. Awesome speed. Duke knows his stuff for sure.

+1
    Thanks for the kind words!

Everything worked out great and Derek's ski was running fantastic by end of day. Was hoping he could stick around and go riding next day but didn't work out.

7. +1 by:

You modders know a million things more about our sleds than I do but a shell caused the damage? Was it shell from a 45 or 50 cal?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    You modders know a million things more about our sleds than I do but a shell caused the damage? Was it shell from a 45 or 50 cal?
    A conch shell from the west coast of Florida might as well be a rock. Tore up the prop and did the liner and pump no good.

+1
    Here is another picture of the shell.. I didn't beach the ski and it happened after a big group ride. I noticed my rpms down on the way back to ramp and found the evidence when I got home.. Who knows how this stuff happens-

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	332267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	332268Look at the prop edges and wear ring - trashed.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Thanks for the kind words!

Everything worked out great and Derek's ski was running fantastic by end of day. Was hoping he could stick around and go riding next day but didn't work out.
    Nice job Duke!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information