Ahh....where am I?
    +1

Yawn... Time to come out of Hibernation...

GTX limited sat in a shop for 4 months, why that long, I dont know, but finally got the mode button fixed, it was fried for some reason, wouldn't rotate through the different functions. Had the whole Speed-o transducer thing in the back right replaced because the axle of the speed-o wheel broke. And the front compartment gas spring and brackes broke and bent. The gas spring was 1 month old. Who knows.

But I'll be out on the water tomorrow around 12:00 between Mantalokin bridge and Rt. 37 bridge in the waters off Brick and Toms river, tooling around.

Whats it been...like 6mo. since my last post. Freaking Benny! <-- Locals know what I'm talking about, although I'm not from:
    Bayone
    Elizabeth
    Newark or
    New York...
    SO that really doesn't make me a Benny.

everyone is misguided on what BENNY exactly means:
    The term benny came from $100.00 bills, known as Benjamins. all the upper crusty people that visited NJ shore/AC with money brought $100.00 bills and almost no one could break them, so the term Bennys was born!...PR...

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Very good thought, PR.

My dad told me about what it stood for last summer, I've always heard the term, just never knew what it meant. We never considered ourself Benny's cause we've always owned and paid taxes in Brick.

I just searched in Google for New Jersey Benny, and UrbanDictionary.com has an entry for it, and it pretty much, well, it exactly says, Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, or New York.....But...that was from years ago when those were the majory of the location where people came from. I think UrbanDictionary.com need a new entry to include your definition, cause it's true.!

The funny thing about the locals not liking the Bennys is...they are the same people that work in the service industry, local shop owners.... If they got their wish....they would have no job, and no customers.

I think we need to get Branden in on this topic, perhaps he could share his opinion.

Further Research:
    BennyGoHome.com <--
    http://bennygohome.com/questions.html

Urban Dictionary
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=benny

Wikipedia <--- Contains the $100 definition but says the term originated from the Achronym
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_%...hore_insult%29

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    So it's this past Saturday, Were taking the 250lb cover off the boat, and I needed toput the Doo in the water to get the ropes untied for the cover. So I was going to go out for a ride when we were done. So I try starting the Doo on land to make sure it's ready to go.

Now heres some history...Brought the Machine into Atlantic Poswersports last Sept. Didn't get it back till January, 4" of water were in the bottom of the hull, it was the week it was below 20degrees for like a week. Tried thawing it out, didn't work. It is now. Back in January, I started it, tried the throttle but it was stuck. Just thought it had something to do with the ice, it was too cold to try tinkering with it so I let it be.

This past Saturday, I tried starting it, and the throttle is still stuck. WTF I said. So now I pull the seats off, move the coolant reserve out of the way to see the throttle body, it's stuck. I pulled the thumb lever on the handlebar and I can see and feel that the cable is working but the throttle body is just stuck.

Good news is, It started. just couldn't give it any throttle.

Bad news, I never had a chance to winterize it cause it sat at the shop for 4 full months, and didn't get a chance to keep the battery on a trickle charge over the winter.

Dude, those are some funny aZZ shirts !...PR...

Wow, another local dealer lookin out for ya ...PR...

Thread Information