Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just bought a 2007 Wake 215 SC with 30 hours on it!... SC question...

Found a mint condition, never in salt, always garaged 2007 GTX Wake 215 SC with 30 hours on it and gobbled it up stat. Didn't even water test it or spin the SC. Fired it up, squeezed the SC output hose and rapped the throttle. Mucho boost. This thing is now ready for the SC washer replacement. I'm not spending $350 on a rebuild kit right now because I don't think it's reasonably necessary. What are the washer part numbers for this SC? Are the trouble washers #8 and #9 in the fiche? Is there anything else I need parts-wise to do the washer swap? Should I buy 2 new clamps? I'm chomping at the bit to get this ski ready for water.

+1
    Rebuild every 2 years or 100 hours seems to be the norm around here........I wouldn't start it again. Rebuild it. JMHO

I can understand the 100 hour thing, although it does irritate me that Seadoo's design is obviously so faulty and they don't stand behind it, but I just can't justify spending $500 every two years regardless of hours on the unit. That just seems like overkill to me. I'm gambling on some $25 washers to get me from 30 hours to 100.

You've found a great ski, why oh why would you want to risk destroying the engine for the sake of a re-build?!?! Don't get blinded by the low hours. If you had bought this ski with 90+ hrs and 7 yrs old I doubt you'd think twice about re-building. Remember, we are not selling rebuid kits, we are the guys who would also not thriw money away given the choice. We know from experience how fragile and quirky the 4tec engine can be. With everything else so good with this ski, why would you shy away from making it perfect?!?!

just our thoughts, would hate to see you back on here in a few weeks asking how to flush metal fragments out of the oil track.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    I can understand the 100 hour thing, although it does irritate me that Seadoo's design is obviously so faulty and they don't stand behind it, but I just can't justify spending $500 every two years regardless of hours on the unit. That just seems like overkill to me. I'm gambling on some $25 washers to get me from 30 hours to 100.
    $25 washers? Where re you finding those? Home depot?

Everyone else,where did the 2 years or else come from? Based on what? What is failing not related to hours of use?

+1
    You are looking at running hours, while others are looking at a supercharger that has been sitting. There is also bearing failure, although more unlikely. They are saying better safe than sorry especially with the serious cost if it does fail. A water test will reveal more than SC issues like leaks, misses, etc. Buddy took out a 5 hour ski and ran like garbage with it stalling and sputtering under load. Sitting is bad for skis. Your mind seems made up on the washer swap, but can send it to Jerry to have him go over it for you. Very reasonable pricing. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Banned User
    +1
    Either rebuild the entire SC, or rebuild the motor....

Your choice....

Bearings, bearings, BEARINGS!!!!! Its not the actual bearing itself, its the cages that hold the internals...Heat cycles and time slowly weaken them....

But again, rebuild SC or rebuild the motor....Your choice.

OH, and if you are contemplating spending $25 instead of $300.........thats gonna be a problem down the road.

9. +1 by:

+1
    This topic is covered in this recent thread.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...44#post2321944

Long story short: Nothing in the manual says you need a rebuild at a specified "time" interval, but many of the guys here "who know these skis very well" are of the opinion that you should do the full rebuild every 2 years.

+1
    i have a 2009 215 supercharger i just took off my Speedster 150 with only 20 hours and never was over 7,400 rpm due to lake being 5k altitude. Replaced W/X charger. Boat and charger still under extended warranty. It's like new.
    $199 is a steal and much better than rebuilding a 2007. Not sure if there are other differences in the old charger?
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i have a 2009 215 supercharger i just took off my Speedster 150 with only 20 hours and never was over 7,400 rpm due to lake being 5k altitude. Replaced W/X charger. Boat and charger still under extended warranty. It's like new.
    $199 is a steal and much better than rebuilding a 2007. Not sure if there are other differences in the old charger?
    Ron
    What is a W/X charger and what was $199?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information