11-22-2005, 12:10 AM #1
My RXT mods, Pictures, Questions, etc
doing things little by little, slowly but surely.
1. You will see pictured my air intake hose. I bought it today at a supply company. they let me walk thru the warehouse and check out what was flexible and what wouldn't collapse, and this was my product of choice as pictured. Stuff is hard as a rock! but somehow extremely flexible. Interior Corregation is extremely minimal. Location of inlet has yet to be determined. For now i shoved it in the seat vent as you can see...
2. My rideplate and grate holes need attention. my grate is really hangin low!! do i really grind it down all the way, or does it being low on the RXT platform help the pump stay loaded or hooked up?
3. I need to figure out something with my TOPS valve / crank breather... as of right now there's no hose or filter or anything on the valve... she's just sitting there smokin like a chimney (bc my oil level is kinda high after my oil change today, gotta lower it.) do i jsut put a filter/breather on it or do a catch can style?
4. i need to mount my rectifer still... just gonna call Riva and buy the metal bracket they sell with the powerfilter... unless someone has a better suggestion? on the GTX/RXT it needs to be mounted on the back of the fire extinguisher panel i believe... but suspended bc it gets hot and can't sit against the plastic? i dunno
5. reverse bucket will get trimmed just for piece of mind
6. lots of scrap parts! = weight savings
7. Those are my two shadows. They hand me my tools and help me wash the ski everytime i come back from riding and take all my sockets and switch them all around on me wish they were my sisters, but they are my neighbors, cuties!
11-22-2005, 09:16 AM #2
WOW! that grate really hangs down low That is scrubbing some speed for sure. I think i saw where someone mentioned that on the RXT the grate is extremely thin in that area so i would be hesitant to grind it down. I don't know what to tell you on that one
Definately go with an oil catch can or else you will end up with oil sprayed all over your engine compartment. Even with just a breather. I know people that have tried the R&D crankcase breather and they still got oil all over the place.
Call Riva and order the rectifier bracket. It will make for a nice professional looking install.
11-22-2005, 11:06 AM #3
is your new air intake system protected from water or are u just going to take a chance? thats about what i plan on doing with mine. and when making that do u have to take out the entire stock air system?
11-22-2005, 11:40 AM #4
The thickness on the rear three hole section of the Riva RXP and RXT/GTX grate is the same. I can't see why you would have a problem with grinding it down to get it to fit flush.
11-22-2005, 12:00 PM #5
i'll take the grate off when i get home and see what i'm facing with thickness. gonna fill rideplate holes 2nite as well, put a new wear ring, and re-install my pump wedge bc i think i lost speed without the wedge.
rxpblast... my air intake will not stay exactly as shown... i'm thinking of popping the rivets on that plastic vent piece where it currently is and installed a pre-filter over it and thne putting it back in... will keep gulps of water from going on. i'm hesitant about leaving the inlet there tho bc i like to ride in the ocean and go wave jumping fro time to time.. so i'm thinking i'm gonna making some kinda bracket to hok the hose into for rough riding, and then when i wanna ride on glass for top speed i'll reach in and put the hose in the front vent.... we'll still, till playing with some ideas.
gonna call Riva now for the rectifier bracket.
i need to pick out a prop or re-pitch my stocker... i'm ON the rev limter already with just my air intake and exhaust. No idea what prop to use as a starting basis on the RXT
11-22-2005, 01:07 PM #6
Shibby send me your stock prop
Life Saving Equipment
att: Jerry Gaddis
105 Roderick Street
Morgan City, LA 70380
I will get you off the limiter and possibly some more speed
11-22-2005, 04:36 PM #7
Thanks Jerry.... but i don't even think the stock prop is worth the postage! haha. I'm gonna throw a SOLAS in there and see what happens first... then we'll be in touch
altho, it seems like alot of RXT owners tend to keep the stock prop even in modded boats?
i wonder what prop PHIL or two2corrupt use in their couches. you guys out there?
11-22-2005, 04:48 PM #8
Two2 uses the stock prop. I have been begging Mike to try a Solas though.
11-22-2005, 06:03 PM #9
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
shibbnizzle: Great job dude! My grate hangs down that much too...PR...
11-22-2005, 06:56 PM #10
I tried the solas but it was a buddies and he would not let me re pitch it...lol...The pitch you guys use in your RXP's sucked for me...I was just too lazy to do any more testing..I was waiting for some $$$ to purchase one to play with...I now am saving up for the Engine Management System...Something about 9000 rpms turning me on to it..So for me any prop testing will be useless now......I am not sure what 300+ hp will do to a GTX...But I should get more speed considering I am @ about 240-250hp now 50 hp should = a few more MPH"S...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By steviey2493 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
By KeithKman in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-03-2007, 06:52 PM
By Murray in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 11-26-2006, 10:15 AM
By wavehummer in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 22Last Post: 02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:41 AM