Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to Jet Skis in Miami

What's up everyone....I'm looking to get into Jet Skis. I used to ride a buddy's ski back in the day when the GP1200 was the hottest ski around. Any suggestions on what to get? I see skis have changed alot....I want something like what the GP1200 was back in the day....maybe something a little bigger but really fast and fun. A 2 seater I guess that's super fast, sea-doo is the new ish brand? GP days there was no question, everyone had one in Miami although there were faster skis around this was the best choice....thanks guys

+1
    Well really depends on where you want to run it. The new Yamaha SVHO's are the hottest ski at the moment, but if you get one keep an eye on it. There has been a huge theft of them in Miami as of late. My FZR as well as a few members on the site and a couple dealers have all been robbed the past few weeks.

I'm looking to buy one in about a month....I really don't know which one to get...whats the diff between the 2 models svho and fz? I see the 3 seater svho and the 2 seater and also the FZr and s.....the website really doesn't say much....A 3 seater is a bit much for me....a 2 seater is just right.....whats the fastest....how comfortable is the svho as compared to an fzr? Thank you for the help....Im def planning on riding all summer and hanging out with jet ski ppl....lol

+1
    so the SVHO is the new engine package for 2014. You have the FZR & FZS which are the same craft only difference is the colors and the fzr is 2 seater and fzs is a 3 seater.

Then you have the FX line of SVHO's which are the cruisers which have features like no wake mode and cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    so the SVHO is the new engine package for 2014. You have the FZR & FZS which are the same craft only difference is the colors and the fzr is 2 seater and fzs is a 3 seater.

Then you have the FX line of SVHO's which are the cruisers which have features like no wake mode and cruise control.
    It's looking like the FZR is for me....where does everyone go out and ride nowadays....are there still Jet Ski clubs out there? Also do you know of a way or is there a kit to attach a GPS to an FZR?

+1
    If your in Miami make sure whatever you get you get insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    If your in Miami make sure whatever you get you get insurance.
    Yes! With full/comprehensive coverage!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy_1978 View Post

It's looking like the FZR is for me....where does everyone go out and ride nowadays....are there still Jet Ski clubs out there? Also do you know of a way or is there a kit to attach a GPS to an FZR?
    Look at http://soflariders.net/ I joined and they have rides all the time. Most weekends someone is putting in at haulover and or the keys. We do large organized rides. I have done one at Marco Island and the keys.

I purchased a annual pass for the boat ramp at pelican harbor as it made the most sense cost wise.

Alot of guys have the ram mount for mounting a GPS on the glovebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy_1978 View Post

Look at http://soflariders.net/ I joined and they have rides all the time. Most weekends someone is putting in at haulover and or the keys. We do large organized rides. I have done one at Marco Island and the keys.

I purchased a annual pass for the boat ramp at pelican harbor as it made the most sense cost wise.

Alot of guys have the ram mount for mounting a GPS on the glovebox.

THank you for all the useful info silent...I went to see the yamahas this weekend at MotoPort in Miami. Any suggestions on where to get it or should I wait until next month for more inccentives/ Everyone wants the same amount but the difference is in what they throw in like life vests, etc....What gear do I need...basic stuff for riding? Sunglasses, vest, aqua shoes? And for being out there a rope and what else? I just want to be prepared....don't even know how to unload this thing into the dock yet.....lol

Guys, question: Who insures Jet Skis in Miami? I have auto insurance with statefarm and they don't do Jet Skis....who do u guys use?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information