Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: virage no spark

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jacksonville,fl
    Posts
    563

    virage no spark

    help k447

    ive tried everything I can think of and read about

    bypass lanyard kill switch
    no 7-9 vdc from cdi tried the 9volt battery to stator still no spark getting 12v at circuit breaker
    bypassed lr module no spark
    this ski has the updated system but was done 5+ years ago
    getting 12v at red/purple wire

    did both cdi and stator take another crap

    ps bildge does not work but did awhile ago


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by nick34 View Post
    ... I've tried everything I can think of and read about

    bypass lanyard kill switch
    no 7-9 vdc from cdi tried the 9volt battery to stator still no spark getting 12v at circuit breaker
    bypassed lr module no spark
    this ski has the updated system but was done 5+ years ago
    getting 12v at red/purple wire

    did both cdi and stator take another crap

    ps bilge does not work but did awhile ago
    With the LR module bypassed but everything else connected normally, check the following.

    Hold the Bilge button down. Does the bilge pump run? If not, check for voltage on Orange wire terminals in electrical box with Bilge button pressed.

    If full battery voltage on Orange with Bilge button pressed, keep it pressed and check for spark when cranking.

    If still no spark, connect voltmeter to Orange terminal and watch voltage while cranking, with Bilge button also held down. What is the lowest voltage you see during cranking?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jacksonville,fl
    Posts
    563
    k will try tomorrow and give you the readings
    but no the bilge doest work when button pressed when module bypassed

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jacksonville,fl
    Posts
    563
    ok k447 no voltage when bilge pressed but while cranking lowest was 11.5 did not change if bilge was pressed or not

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by nick34 View Post
    ... no voltage when bilge pressed but while cranking lowest was 11.5 did not change if bilge was pressed or not
    No voltage on what?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jacksonville,fl
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nick34 View Post
    ... no voltage when bilge pressed but while cranking lowest was 11.5 did not change if bilge was pressed or not
    No voltage on what?

    no voltage on meter when black on ground and red on orange spade in box when button pressed..

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by nick34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nick34 View Post
    ... no voltage when bilge pressed but while cranking lowest was 11.5 did not change if bilge was pressed or not
    No voltage on what?

    no voltage on meter when black on ground and red on orange spade in box when button pressed..
    Time to check wires and see where the voltage is getting lost.

    The Bilge button is a simple switch. Power comes in via Red/Purple from the electrical box to handlebars. Switch connects between Red/Purple and Orange. Orange wire goes back to electrical box.

    Start at the solenoid stud. One red cable comes from the battery to the solenoid. Thin red wire runs from the same stud to circuit breaker (Reset Button). Red/Purple runs from circuit breaker to feed electrical box.

    On the ground side, the entire electrical box is grounded to the engine via the black wire in the cable bundle that goes to the stator on front of engine. Heavy Black battery cable runs from engine to negative battery post.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jacksonville,fl
    Posts
    563
    So the bilge not working will cause the no spark issue

    And quick side question pop off pressure is 35-38 that's to high right ? and how do I adjust if I can't seem to find different springs

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jacksonville,fl
    Posts
    563
    please help..

    where to buy a stator and cdi

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by nick34 View Post
    please help..

    where to buy a stator and cdi
    What happened with the Bilge button Orange wire diagnostics?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2001 polaris virage no spark, HELP!
    By robmeyer in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 12:29 PM
  2. 03 virage no spark
    By bigblockrik in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
  3. 2000 Virage no spark
    By dave70 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:15 PM
  4. 2002 polaris virage no spark
    By maples32 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 09:43 PM
  5. 2001 polaris virage no spark & no fuel
    By paintballer89 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •