Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Another blown SC

New to the forum, been lurking around for awhile. I'm away on business when I get a call from my wife telling me that my ski died (05 RXT) when they were out on the water the other day.

One of my buddies began checking it out, and tells me that the SC failed. He's towing it back to his place, and is going to start pulling it apart for me until I get back into town. I had the SC rebuilt last year by Jerry, so at least it didn't have ceramic washers. It sounds like it is going to be some sort of a bearing failure.

With that being said, there shouldn't be a whole lot of blown apart bits of metal in my engine, correct? Is there anything else that is commonly damaged when this happens? I'm trying to get a parts list/order going before I get back into town to get a head start on things.

I figure I might as well spend the couple extra bucks and get the X Charger. Anything else you guys would recommend doing at this point?

I tried looking around on the website for information regarding returns just in case the motor did grenade, because I have zero interest in replacing that, but couldn't find anything. I'm just a little hesitant placing a larger order, then being told that they don't accept returns, or charge a 20% restocking fee or something like that.
    Last edited by mboehlen; 06-12-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Man this is just such bullshit. Superchargers failing in a year and ruining engines? That's just poor poor poor design. How about using an extternal supercharger driven by a belt that when it fails doesn't drop the crap down into your engine and make you spend thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars?

+1
    if you have not already flywheel bolts. oil pump will most likely be scored, PTO cover gasket. While you have the pto cover off add the 08+ SC oil jet. The exhaust valves are time bombs in these older RXP's and you should consider replacing them with solid valve. thats all off the top of my head.

Oh man don't get me started on hollow exhaust valves that just snap the heads off of them. That is just absolutely insane. Who ever heard of exhaust valves or any valves for that matter just snapping heads off of them? Auto manufacturers would never get away with making crap like that. These recreational product companies think they can just design things that have almost no reliability and shove it down the consumer's throats with no recourse whatsoever for their poor design. I can't believe that an attorney somewhere didn't file class-action lawsuits against Sea-Doo for these exhaust valve failures and the chronic supercharger issues that it appears they still haven't figured out how to remedy. And don't tell me it's just because of the application because not all personal watercraft snap valves and not all superchargers blow out ceramic disks. Superchargers should be over engineered for their applications because the consequences are so drastic. And making solid stem valve stems ain't rocket science, they've been doing it for years.
    Last edited by surfcitypops; 06-11-2014 at 11:01 PM.

+1
    there was a class action suit for the supercharger washers lol

Banned User
    +1
    Where in Chicago you at?

Quote Originally Posted by sero901 View Post
    there was a class action suit for the supercharger washers lol
    So why are we still eating the costs, then? Seadoo should be on the hook for the washer failures.

+1
    Class action suit only applies to California residents and was over a year ago.

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by sero901 View Post
    if you have not already flywheel bolts. oil pump will most likely be scored, PTO cover gasket. While you have the pto cover off add the 08+ SC oil jet. The exhaust valves are time bombs in these older RXP's and you should consider replacing them with solid valve. thats all off the top of my head.
    Excellet, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Where in Chicago you at?
    Arlington Heights. I usually drop in down by you at Mugzy's in Channahon though.

Banned User
    +1
    Mugzy's? Thats a haul for you!

While its apart, also swap the oil jet in the block (under the head), and the flywheel bolts...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information