Ultra 150 1200cc oil

I recently picked up a one owner, dealer maintained 1999 Ultra 150. The ski had broken a front engine mount and destroyed the drive train, The ski came with all new Kawasaki parts to rebuild the system from the coupler back including impeller and housing, I do mean all new parts seals, bearing, o-rings and bolts the other bonus is all gaskets to reinstall removed components to remove engine to complete repair. I know sounds to good to be true, so far it has been a great project all repairs have been done by myself. I have cleaned and rebuilt carbs and its time to hit the switch and let this baby come alive.... My questions are the front magneto area and the rear balancer area oil, I know the manual states 2 stroke oil, I'm not sure but isn't the oil different then the oil that mixes with gas?

The case has not been split but the engine has been rotated and maneuvered, does anyone think there may be a chance that the oil for the rear balancer area may have been displaced due to handling and transporting the engine? If so I haven't noticed an area to refill it unless it is supplied with oil from the front sight glass? I am a little ocd and really do not want to overlook anything before it starts, all the obvious question priming the oil pump and carbs have been done the compression is 110 psi on all 3 cylinders, still have time before a top end rebuild have been completed, unless anyone has any suggestions that I may have overlooked.

Thanks
    New ultra 150 owner.

Just an update, surprised to see with all the knowledge on this board no one had an answer for my questions. The dealer said only one type of oil is used in this ski, so the same 2 stroke oil used for the injection system is the same oil used for the stator case site glass... Well the ski has seen 2 hours of water time so far so good... It reached 65 mph according to the dash display on choppy waters. I have since fixed the trim, it was a bad trim breaker voltage in 0 volts out, I replaced it with a splash proof marine grade 20 amp inline fuse housing. I think this will help a little with the top end speed. I paid 1200.00 for the ski and trailer with 900.00 of factory parts included in the sale necessary to complete all repairs. so far a great project with great results.. Pictures to follow..

Thanks
    New Ultra 150 owner.

+1
    Sorry for the lack of response, but I really don't know what rotating and maneuvering the engine would do (I think nothing).

Yes, it's 2-stroke oil, the same oil you put in the reservoir because that where it comes from. The oil pump has 5 outputs, which includes the 3 cylinders, plus the two balancer bearings. The oil from the bearings goes into the front and rear crankcase compartments to lubricate the cylinders. It is imperative that the oil lines be hooked up to the correct places!

Are you running extra oil for break-in? Should be 50:1 in addition to the oil injection. I would avoid prolonged full throttle operation for the first 5 hours or so myself. Hard acceleration will help seat the rings, but long periods at full throttle before the rings seat is not a good idea.

Have you heard of the Triple Pisser Mod? Very worthwhile mod. I think a strainer on the cooling water inlet is a really good idea, but some people don't like it. If you do it, buy a good one (Groco).

The oil lines should probably be replaced, or at least inspect them to make sure they are supple. They will get brittle with age and crack. Secure them with stainless steel safety wire.

I'd also recommend pulling out the display and sealing the rubber plug & wires on the back with 3M 5200 Fast Cure sealant. The plug doesn't seal well when it gets old and it will leak (ruining the gauge) if you flip the 'Ski.

4. +1 by:

Thanks for the response, triple pisser will be the first upgrade. this project did not require a engine rebuild just a complete overhaul of the drive system, which all parts came with the purchase, again so far so good turned out nice, runs nice and rides nice. I try to do a little improvements nightly giving the time, just happy all turned out well.
    Thanks again..

+1
    OK, I mis-read your question and thought you rebuilt the engine. Guess I should read slower.

Thread Information