Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Spark Bilge Pump Question

I installed the Sea Doo bilge pump for the spark. The first time I put my key on my spark the bilge pump started right up, ran for like 10 seconds before I pulled key then pulled fuses. I thought it was only supposed to run when water hit the float, or is this normal when putting key on post?

There is a 3 amp fuse and 3 bar bus fuse for the bilge installation. Only two wires into fuse box, hard to mess up.

Any ideas or advice? This is my first experience with a bilge pump. Would like to have it working tomorrow when testing.

+1
    What brand , the Seadoo ones I.e in the Xpl ran A relay system and came on every so often ...

I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1
    I believe the sea doo kit has an always on pump. It is designed to run dry supposedly.

+1
    Are you on aux power so it only powered when the key is in? It could just be the initial on and searching for water. It may run for a bit then turn off, or there is something stuck inside, give it a couple taps and put the key in an see how long it runs for. This could be normal

I know this might not be much help, but I had dealer install bilge pump on both ours ski's. Wanted it so just in case they were dock they would still work even without the tether in place. I haven't noticed them coming on. I think dolson might be right, are you running on aux power?

If it doesnt have a float and its automatic .
    what i know is it comes on looking for water then shuts off if no water
    I dont know if comes on with power .
    i have a automatic one its a seasense pump has a ball that acts like the float inside .
    seasense and rule are the two companies that make them

+1
    Hey everyone thanks for the helpful insight. I had to add a 3amp fuse to the fuse box and a "bus fuse?", 3 bars. I am going to try taking the bus fuse out and see if it does anything as far as pump still working and not staying on. I was hoping for an automatic bilge whether key was in or not, anytime water reached level.

I got this kit: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2430

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebonger View Post
    Hey everyone thanks for the helpful insight. I had to add a 3amp fuse to the fuse box and a "bus fuse?", 3 bars. I am going to try taking the bus fuse out and see if it does anything as far as pump still working and not staying on. I was hoping for an automatic bilge whether key was in or not, anytime water reached level.

I got this kit: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2430

Well any way what turns the pump on ??? is there a float switch ?? if so does it have three terminals ??

one will be C = common eg earth
    one will be NO = nominally Open
    one will be NC =nominally closed

if so you need to connect C and NO and this should then only run when NO is activatived

+1
    You really need the key in for more than 10sec to know. Just put the key in and time it and see if it does shut off on its own. If it is a float give it a couple tap it could just be stuck. It shouldn't power on and stay on. No companies make one that always is on. It would burn out the motor to quick. Those are a two wire unit, power and ground, no switch to wire incorrectly so it would be a bad unit and not a bad install. Also you could put water in the hull near it and see if it shits off after it pumps

+1
    that rule pump isn't automatic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information