Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking at buying Yamaha FZR or VXR

I am looking at buying a Yamaha FZR or VXR. I really don't have a need for all the frills or the supercharger that the FZR has which is why I have been more interested in the VXR. However I found a dealer with a holdover 2012 FZR that they will sell for under $10,000. At this price should I just go with the FZR? My main concern with the FZR is the supercharger as I don't want to have to deal with mechanical problems down the road. Any input is greatly appreciated.

+1
    Buy the fzr.....its a yamaha.......minimal maint.....if its new you can still add a longer yamaha warranty to it......

+1
    What are your in tentions? How much money do you have ? If just fun and minimal go vxr.

+1
    Read my old posts i had a vxr. Loved it cost lots and had plenty of stories.

+1
    Yamaha is the way go by far better thN a seado

It will only be used on a lake that is about 5 miles long, so its not like I will be doing any ocean riding. It will be used mainly just for casual fun riding around the lake. My last ski was only about 100hp so I'm sure either of these will be light years ahead of my old one. It seems like the FZR is a better deal, I just don't want to end up with more expensive maintenance problems down the road. Maybe that won't be an issue since its a Yamaha but since my last one was a polaris I'm still getting over expensive repairs every year

+1
    My vxr has 165hrs in 2 seasons with just regular scheduled maintenance.

+1
    Im in the same perdicament as you my friend.. The vxr and fzs.. scared of a supercharger but i like the hull design, deeper V bottom and trim on the fzs but the vxr looks like a monster without a supercharger but no trim and i hear it sucks in chop.. Also looks significantly smaller for some reason Im going to be riding with my gf mostly.. such a hard decision

Quote Originally Posted by kabekona View Post
    It will only be used on a lake that is about 5 miles long, so its not like I will be doing any ocean riding. It will be used mainly just for casual fun riding around the lake. My last ski was only about 100hp so I'm sure either of these will be light years ahead of my old one. It seems like the FZR is a better deal, I just don't want to end up with more expensive maintenance problems down the road. Maybe that won't be an issue since its a Yamaha but since my last one was a polaris I'm still getting over expensive repairs every year
    In that case get a vxr for sure!

+1
    I would grab the FZR and pick up the full yes warranty and then you have nothing to worry about for 5 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information