Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

I know my wear ring is trashed, but how bout the prop?...

Just decided to check my WR/prop for the first time, after installing an ET127 and 42's, the difference was hardly even noticeable, despite everyone saying it's such an awesome upgrade combo, I was honestly expecting a lot more from them. By no means is she cavitating out of the hole, but the acceleration is...... dare I say.... disappointing, she only feels slightly faster than my old 1100cc 2-smoke.

I know the wear ring is trashed (I've been hearing awesome things about SS WR's), but is the prop salvageable, possibly with a repitch? There's no visible major nicks/dings on the edges, just rust pitting from being a salt water ski most her life.

Ski and mods are in siggy.

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-13_20-14-31_50.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	332507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-13_20-15-03_442.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	332508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-13_20-15-41_835.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	332509  

change your wear ring amd that is a stock impeller i believe i would put a 15/20 prop

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You werent having any cavitation with all that fishing line on the shaft?

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiousracing View Post
    change your wear ring amd that is a stock impeller i believe i would put a 15/20 prop
    Can I repitch a stock prop?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    You werent having any cavitation with all that fishing line on the shaft?
    Nope. She hooked immediately.... just didn't accelerate hard.

+1
    Your not noticing any speed difference cuz of that prop. You are on the limiter with the stock one. 15/20 is your best bet. You might get away with a 14/19 without an EX IC but will still will most definitely need pitching.

+1
    you need at 15/20 with 1-2 mm pitched and the ex IC will wake that 127 up.... change the wearing and go ride.... a 14/19 will be way out of its efficiency zone when using that wheel that's why I recommend a 15/20 ... also that fishing line doesn't help as well...

ill admit I wish I stayed with this setup but once you ride a big boost charger theres no turning back... once you have that setup setup proper youll love that charger

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    Your not noticing any speed difference cuz of that prop. You are on the limiter with the stock one. 15/20 is your best bet. You might get away with a 14/19 without an EX IC but will still will most definitely need pitching.
    Yeah that ski must be on the limiter, if everything was done correctly.

You can pitch a stock oem prop sure. From the pics the prop and wear ring they don't look great, but they look ok, useable still to me.

Next thing you maybe wondering why you are losing coolant soon.

Quote Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
    Just decided to check my WR/prop for the first time, after installing an ET127 and 42's, the difference was hardly even noticeable, despite everyone saying it's such an awesome upgrade combo, I was honestly expecting a lot more from them. By no means is she cavitating out of the hole, but the acceleration is...... dare I say.... disappointing, she only feels slightly faster than my old 1100cc 2-smoke. ....Ski and mods are in siggy.

Nick
    Try some 20# Spider Wire....very little stretch and you'll be able to feel every tap and bump on the line....way better hook up with it instead of mono, too.

Off hand I'd say who ever told you about the 127 and 42's...figured you'd know to up the prop. Also...if that ski's seen nuthin but salt it's whole life...I really gotta wonder what the inside of that ic looks like.

+1
    To everyone saying I'm on the limiter; here's the wrench into the mix- not once have I ever seen the limiter, neither stock nor modded. The highest I've ever seen was just today at 7900rpm. After draining the oil once I got home and realized there was 4.5liters of oil in there, I'm really hoping that's what was causing the lost 200rpm.

I knew a prop was "recommended", but considering my problem is too little rpm's and not too much rpm's, I know the prop isn't the problem right now. Once I'm bouncing off the limiter, than I know that's my prob. I'm tryna figure out where those 200rpm's went; oil pressure, or wear ring.

Quote Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
    To everyone saying I'm on the limiter; here's the wrench into the mix- not once have I ever seen the limiter, neither stock nor modded. The highest I've ever seen was just today at 7900rpm. After draining the oil once I got home and realized there was 4.5liters of oil in there, I'm really hoping that's what was causing the lost 200rpm.

I knew a prop was "recommended", but considering my problem is too little rpm's and not too much rpm's, I know the prop isn't the problem right now. Once I'm bouncing off the limiter, than I know that's my prob. I'm tryna figure out where those 200rpm's went; oil pressure, or wear ring.
    What's the US equivalent to 4.5 litres?

If you're cavitating outa the hole you should be seeing high r's as well. A worn ring ain't gonna cost you r's...it's gonna bleed them.

okay...figure you were 1 quart over filled...that'll cost you r's for sure. Who's doing the maintenance on that ski?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information