Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

03 Genesis I PERC help

So the perc has a problem. When plugged in it limits the rpm, unplugged it doesn't. Can I just remove 4 bolts from under motor and remove it from hull and mounting plate? I would like to take apart and see whats going on inside. I found some diagrams through the search method. Is there a way to test to see if its the switch or the motor. The reverse basket looks to be in the up position but since it limits the rpm I know its not. Thanks Ryan

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Somewhere on here the test process for the Polaris PERC electric reverse has been posted.

Your MFI display shows the REVERSE message, correct?

Update: look here
    PERC electric reverse - diagnostics

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Somewhere on here the test process for the Polaris PERC electric reverse has been posted.

Correct it shows reverse when plugged in. I will plug in and test tonight thanks!! I know it doesn't do anything when the fwd or rev button is pushed. Are these all being tested from battery ground or ground from the perc motor. Thanks K447

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsracin05 View Post

Correct it shows reverse when plugged in. I will plug in and test tonight thanks!!

I know it doesn't do anything when the fwd or rev button is pushed.

Are these all being tested from battery ground or ground from the perc motor...
    When engine is off you must press Bilge pump button to power up the Reverse system. Press a button on the MFI display to wake it up.

Tests in that diagnostic chart are all done at the connector to the motor, with connector unplugged.

You must temporarily reconnect the reverse motor plug to move the reverse gate (bucket) to the next test position, then unplug to check the contact readings against the chart. Look at the physical position of the reverse bucket, do not rely on the MFI position display until you have it all working properly.

Then you recalibrate the powered up MFI display to the actual bucket positions by running the Reverse motor all the way down, holding the control for a few more seconds, then run it all the way up plus a few more seconds.

+1

Correct it shows reverse when plugged in. I will plug in and test tonight thanks!!

I know it doesn't do anything when the fwd or rev button is pushed.

Are these all being tested from battery ground or ground from the perc motor...
    When engine is off you must press Bilge pump button to power up the Reverse system. Press a button on the MFI display to wake it up.

Tests in that diagnostic chart are all done at the connector to the motor, with connector unplugged.

You must temporarily reconnect the reverse motor plug to move the reverse gate (bucket) to the next test position, then unplug to check the contact readings against the chart. Look at the physical position of the reverse bucket, do not rely on the MFI position display until you have it all working properly.

Then you recalibrate the powered up MFI display to the actual bucket positions by running the Reverse motor all the way down, holding the control for a few more seconds, then run it all the way up plus a few more seconds.
    I should have said that I have been doing that along with pushing the fwd/rev buttons and nothing happens other than bilge pump coming on.

+1
    I should have said that I have been doing that along with pushing the fwd/rev buttons and nothing happens other than bilge pump coming on.
    Check whether power and ground are arriving at the connector to the reverse assembly when the bilge and reverse buttons are pressed.

Wake up the MFI, then hold Bilge button and press Forward or Reverse buttons. Does the MFI display indicator for Reverse move up and down? if yes then the Reverse and Forward switches are good and the problem is closer to the reverse motor and connector area.

+1
    Check whether power and ground are arriving at the connector to the reverse assembly when the bilge and reverse buttons are pressed.

Wake up the MFI, then hold Bilge button and press Forward or Reverse buttons. Does the MFI display indicator for Reverse move up and down? if yes then the Reverse and Forward switches are good and the problem is closer to the reverse motor and connector area.
    The gauge moves with fwd/rev+bilge but nothing else. Testing ohm's between Pin E and Pin B I get 1.4ohm, E+A=2.5ohm, E+C=1.4ohm, E+D=2.5ohm, E+F=open. Between C+D= 2.5ohm, C+B=open, C+F=1.4ohm.
    A+C=2.5ohm, A+D=1.4ohm, A+B=open, A+F=2.5ohm; D+B=open, D+F=2.6ohm; F+B=open. Hope this is done right and helpful. Thanks

+1
    Mine had a bad ground. I used a separate ground to the rev harness and it worked fine.

+1
    ... Check whether power and ground are arriving at the connector to the reverse assembly when the bilge and reverse buttons are pressed...
    Pin 2 is Blue/White wire from the handlebar Reverse switch.
    Pin 6 is Green/White wire from the handlebar switch.

With bilge button held down, test meter should read full battery voltage across these two pins in the wire harness connector when Reverse or Forward button is pressed. This is the power that is supposed to move the reverse motor.

+1
    ... Check whether power and ground are arriving at the connector to the reverse assembly when the bilge and reverse buttons are pressed...
    Pin 2 is Blue/White wire from the handlebar Reverse switch.
    Pin 6 is Green/White wire from the handlebar switch.

With bilge button held down, test meter should read full battery voltage across these two pins in the wire harness connector when Reverse or Forward button is pressed. This is the power that is supposed to move the reverse motor.
    Yes there is power on both green/white and blue/white when holding down bilge and press fwd/rev. I also noticed the grey/red wire had like 9.4volts mot sure if that has any relevance. These tests were done with connector unplugged.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information