Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New V-Tech user with questions

Hello all...

Just received my new V-Tech equipment and have some questions for those that have more experience. (I've mailed and called V-Tech, but I take that they don't work on weekends)

I was able to download everything to my PC (tricky). While everything was up and going, I got 4 tunes loaded into my hand-held tuner. My question's are the following: The only tunes I see that might be usable for my OEM stock RXT 260 are of the 8375 rpm variety? Have these been upgraded? They used to be the 8350? I got 4 tunes of the following:

48 8375 169 36 38 NOR 101
    48 8375 169 36 38 NOR 201
    48 8375 169 36 38 NOR 202
    48 8375 169 36 38 AGR 102

Just wondering which one would be the safest version for a stock 2011 RXT 260? Or is there something else I should look into for a better base tune for a stock machine?

Thanks for all your help!

Hi

As far as I can work out, depending on the OEM firmware flash, dictates which tunes are available to you. Not all ski's of the same type / year / model have the same firmware flash.

V-Tech then pair up your ski with all available tunes that will work with your ski (you still have to make sure you have the correct corresponding mods fitted!).

8350 is an older version of 8375 (fairly sure). 8375 has versions, 202 being the latest (again I believe).

The tunes you listed are (NOR normal throttle & AGR agressive throttle).

So, I would run with 8375 202 version, normal throttle. It's a good start and safe for your ski (all will be safe. all use stock injector size etc).

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    bwahhh hahahahahahahahahaaha

SEA-NYLE - good one!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Hi

As far as I can work out, depending on the OEM firmware flash, dictates which tunes are available to you. Not all ski's of the same type / year / model have the same firmware flash.

V-Tech then pair up your ski with all available tunes that will work with your ski (you still have to make sure you have the correct corresponding mods fitted!).

8350 is an older version of 8375 (fairly sure). 8375 has versions, 202 being the latest (again I believe).

The tunes you listed are (NOR normal throttle & AGR agressive throttle).

So, I would run with 8375 202 version, normal throttle. It's a good start and safe for your ski (all will be safe. all use stock injector size etc).
    Thanks for the help! Gonna flash the ski tomorrow and check it out. I'll use the: 48 8375 169 36 38 NOR 202

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    bwahhh hahahahahahahahahaaha

SEA-NYLE - good one!
    Age appropriate... I've got grey chest hairs that are older than most of the members here...

+1
    Get the 402 agr... It's near perfect!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spouk3 View Post
    Get the 402 agr... It's near perfect!
    I'll have to go back and look to see if that's available to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Next question. I'm primarily a "touring'" rider. 95% of the time I'm two-up, with a full load of fuel. Would the AGR tunes be too sensitive, especially when choppy?

I have to admit I run 75% of time in SPORT mode, but often have to drop back down into NORMAL mode as the throttle is too sensitive. Great if you're racing but a PITA if you're in choppy water or out for a cruise (even fast cruise). So if you add agressive AGR tune, it'll be too sensitive in my eyes.

I can turn much quicker and controlled in Normal than Sport. Also, it's really dufficult to quickly off throttle in a controlled way, so you run the risk off hammering your clutch washers if you're not carefull. There's a time n place for a hair trigger, for me it's not on a ferocious ski for me.

Just my opinion of course.

+1
    Your opinion duely noted. I feel the same way. However, I'm in touring mode 95% of the time. Gonna check out that 202 NOR.

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SEA-NYLE View Post
    Your opinion duely noted. I feel the same way. However, I'm in touring mode 95% of the time. Gonna check out that 202 NOR.
    Been running that tune since last year. I'm usually in touring mode except for wave/wake jumping. At that point I switch it sport.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information