06-15-2014, 12:13 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2009
Replacing small oil injection lines - removing old?
I have a 1996 GTX that has an oil leak to address; plan on replacing tank grommets and the small (3/32) oil injection lines; I picked up some 3/32 Tygon tubing for the injection lines - couple questions:
- How do you remove the factory injection lines? I scraped off some of the white factory paint and it looks like a Ferrule I use on my bicycle cables. Wire cutters and tear into it? Small chisel? Best way?
- What do attach new lines? Quality zip ties?
- Tank Grommet: Any sealant recommended when installing the grommet?
Edumacate me on the oil system overall...
- Medium line (8mm w/ filter) feeds the pump that them supplies the small injection lines: Yes?
- Larger line (12mm) supplies oil to the bottom end?
- Large line on the port side is the oil return to the top of the tank.
How best to replace the return line on the port side? Looks like a bit of a pain to have to split the exhaust pipe where the compression band is.
Will the exhaust pipe come out by just unbolting from the manifold and then the hose to the muffler? Best to remove the exhaust manifold?
Will I be able to access the port side return line with just the exhaust pipe out of the way?
Thanks and sorry for the long newbie post,
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By 02ultra150 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 12Last Post: 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM
By hayabusarider in forum Kawasaki Open DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-31-2008, 02:09 PM
By dghal in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM
By bigboatman in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
By aviator in forum Kawasaki Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 06-02-2008, 06:45 AM