Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Unhappy Got my ass smoked the other day!

Usualy my sk is one of the faster skis of the guys I ride with ( 85-86 mph) One guy I ride with (my best friend Barry Lee) has four or five gprs ( all two stroke Yamaha motors) We went on a little ride and I desided to air my ski out and at top speed I could see out the corner of my vision a ski pulling up on me some ( What the F--K going on) checked my rpms and boost/ afrs all looks ok on the gauges GPS shows nice top speed numbers . We rode a while more and I hit wfo again and he rode right by me at full speed! With all the four stroke hipe I had forgotten just how fast a GPR tripple pipe ski really is. His gps showed 90.3 mph. We ran again and his gps showed 90.2 mph on that run. No need for me to waste my gas on trying to out run my buddys gpr my FZR was no match in top speed for this GPR tripple pipe ski he had just built. Moral of this story don't forget these old two stroke GPR skis are still fast don't forget it. Tommy Jordan ( second place on the lake today)
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 11-02-2014 at 01:45 PM.

+1
    Yeah we all automatically think our 4stroke supercharged skis are the fastest. Thanks for the reminder that it is all a game.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Usualy my sk is one of the faster skis of the guys I ride with ( 85-86 mph) One guy I ride with (my best friend Barry Lee) has four or five gprs ( all two stroke Yamaha motors) We went on a little ride and I desided to air my ski out and at top speed I could see out the corner of my vision a ski pulling up on me some ( What the F--K going on) checked my rpms and boost/ afrs all gooks ok on the gauges GPS shows nice top speed numbers . We rode a while more and I hit wfo again and he rode right by me a full speed! With all the four stroke hipe I had forgotten just how fast a GPR 1390 tripple pipe ski really is. His gps showed 90.3 mph. We ran again and his gps showed 90.2 mph on that run. No need for me to waste my gas on trying to out run my buddys gpr my FZR was no match in top speed for this GPR tripple pipe ski he had just built. Moral of this story don't forget these old two stroke GPR skis are still fast don't forget it. Tommy Jordan ( second place on the lake today)
    Most guys on here would just make up some excuses... but not Tommy.

Good for You, my honest friend! Time for some tweaks on that FZR, I guess...

no doubt the two strokes can still get it done but boy do I love my cruise control

+1
    Those are both some good speed numbers....nothing to be ashamed of...after all it was still a yamaha beating you !!!

Two strokes are still relevant Nice post

+1
    Also cheaper with 2 strokes to get there as prices have really dropped and especially if you know what to buy.

+1
    Tommy at least it was a Yamaha.
    They make good engines; outboards, skis, 2 strokes, 4 strokes, I've had some kind of Yamaha nearly non-stop for almost 30 years, never let me down. Great story thanks for sharing.

By the way, they celebrated 50 years in 2010...

http://global.yamaha-motor.com/busin...story/history/

9. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    no doubt the two strokes can still get it done but boy do I love my cruise control

I love the sound, smell, and bottom end grunt of my 2 strokes. Im not ready to give them up any time soon. Just added a triple piper to my stable.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Ha ha ha

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information