Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,339
    +1
    121

    Can I tap this wire for my switched 12v source?

    I think this is the DESS post wiring? Black, purple, black/green. On a 2012 RXPX. I believe I read all purple wires on the ski are switched 12v. Can I splice in here for my boost and AFR gauge?



  2. #2
    speedjunky787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    81
    +1
    5
    YES!! Thats the one i use for my MTX-L.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,339
    +1
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by speedjunky787 View Post
    YES!! Thats the one i use for my MTX-L.

    Awesome! Thanks. I have a deutsch pin tool so I am going to remove the pin from the connector and cut if off and then put a new terminal on the original purple wire and a new hot wire together and pop it back in the connector!

  5. #4
    Martin RXT-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kemah Tx
    Posts
    665
    +1
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I think this is the DESS post wiring? Black, purple, black/green. On a 2012 RXPX. I believe I read all purple wires on the ski are switched 12v. Can I splice in here for my boost and AFR gauge?


    Hope this helps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012 SD-PWC-S.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	332822

  6. #5
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,339
    +1
    121
    Ok, looking more closely at the wiring diagram it looks like those wires are actually the OTAS off throttle steering assist.

  7. #6
    ATNryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    695
    +1
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Ok, looking more closely at the wiring diagram it looks like those wires are actually the OTAS off throttle steering assist.
    That is what I used as a switch power source to turn on my gauges and amp. Has worked great for two years with no issues.

  8. #7
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,339
    +1
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Ok, looking more closely at the wiring diagram it looks like those wires are actually the OTAS off throttle steering assist.
    That is what I used as a switch power source to turn on my gauges and amp. Has worked great for two years with no issues.
    Great, thanks Ryan. Did you wire in an inline fuse?

  9. #8
    spouk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    635
    +1
    30

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. can i use this tach on my slx780?
    By andy95'slx780 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 03:13 AM
  2. Can I use this to fog my supercharger?
    By djy8131 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
  3. skat swirl 15/20, what will this do for my xp ?
    By jeffz0rz in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
  4. Can anyone Identify this wire
    By jetboy in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 08:52 PM
  5. Ski eye - Can I put this thing on my RXP?
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •