polaris impeller help

hey i just recently modded my ski and it is a dog outta the hole. i was wondering if someone could help me get the right size impeller for my setup.

97 polaris sltx
    40mm carbs
    triple pipes
    cdi box rpm 7150
    waterbox
    ocean pro ride plate
    r&d ride plate
    ocean pro intakes

Ski topped out at 59.5 mph at 7150 rpm.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

+1
    By being a dog, do you mean the motor bogs or the impeller has a cavatation issue? I had a 97 SLTX that hit just a tad over 59 on radar & the only mods I had were an ocean pro ride plate, Vforce reeds, waterbox & different flame arrestor also used a 17/24 skat trak impeller & I was running 6650 at that speed. If you are running 7150 rpms with the stock impeller,you should be seeing about 63-64 mph. also are you using a GPS to get your speed.

If your hitting your rev limiter out of the whole, you either have a worn impellor/wear ring or cavitation problem.

I was using the stock gauges, and the impeller was having a cavitation issue. I also noticed the impeller/stator look beat up. since I dont know when the last time any of the parts have been serviced i thought it wouldn't hurt rebuilding it all.

+1
    Get a part number for us on the impeller that you are currently running. (That way we know what you're dealing with)

Have you checked compression lately?

Has anyone changed the jet size in your pipes stinger feeds?

You're 1st post says you're running the R&D rideplate AND the Ocean Pro rideplate. Which one is it?

The stock speedo is worthless for getting accurate speed readings.

Anyhoo, you need to know the exact impeller that is in there and of course you want the entire driveline and components in tip top shape.

And lastly, mentioning a triple piped Polaris on the Greenhulk forum and NOT posting pictures is an absolute breaking of the rules.

Please post pics of the inside and out of your ski within the next 2 hours or face a possible ban.

Joking of course!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by collins87 View Post
    I was using the stock gauges, and the impeller was having a cavitation issue. I also noticed the impeller/stator look beat up. since I dont know when the last time any of the parts have been serviced i thought it wouldn't hurt rebuilding it all.
    Have you actually pulled the pump to see how "beat up" it actually is? Some of these older skis have missing vanes, or pieces of, and other issues. If this is the case then trying to tune everything in is going to be a waste of time and effort.

7. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Yes pics please. We love pics, especially of pipes!!!!

Yes I will, and please bare with me I'm new to Polaris, I have a ocean pro ride plate with a r&d intake grate. I checked the compression and it's 155 across the board. I'll be home in a bit and I'll send picks of the impeller and pipes.

+1
    I sold him the pipes and a set of carbs from Baxter I wonder if the jetting is way off , maybe go back to the stock 38's to see how it pulls or if anyone has the jetting for 40's with sltx pipes

Yes I will, and please bare with me I'm new to Polaris, I have a ocean pro ride plate with a r&d intake grate. I checked the compression and it's 155 across the board. I'll be home in a bit and I'll send picks of the impeller and pipes.

Thread Information