Installation of rebuilt supercharger...

I received my rebuilt supercharger from Jerry and I am preparing to install it...I want to do this correct the first time, so I want to run some questions by the experts on this forum.

Model: 2005 Seadoo RXT

1. Other than installing never seize on supercharger, is there any preparation I need to do before installing the Supercharger? Can I take the rebuilt supercharger and install it just like I removed it?

2. I have some corrosion on a few places. Inside the waterbox inlet as shown below, and on the engine just below the supercharger space...I would like to clean that up before I put everything back together...Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to clean and treat to prevent this surface corrosion? The bracket for the siphon next to the driveshaft just came undone due to corrosion and I noticed the rivets on many of the brackets have this insidious corrosion, how do I treat this corrosion and prevent it with ongoing preventative maintenance?

3. I plan on replacing my plugs and oil as well since my ski has sat idle since last summer...Any advice on replacing plugs and changing oil?

4. Is there any other advice you can give me that will improve the chances of keeping this ski running reliably? From what I have read on these forums, this particular model Seadoo can become a money pit...I want to be proactive and do everything I can to keep this ski from prematurely failing...

This ski is not run really hard, but is run in salt water in the waterway and occasionally in the ocean in South Florida.

Thanks for your help...This forum has been invaluable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (2).JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	332875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	332876

+1
    Yes, whenever you rebuild or service the supercharger, or get one rebuilt, before you install it, put it on the bench, intake side down and squirt some engine oil into the bearings and rotate the SC shaft by hand to distribute the oil through the outer and inner bearing.
    Let it sit like that for 30 min to let the oil seep down to the inner bearing.
    Squirt oil on the clutch assembly.
    Reason is, the bearings are shipped dry, and it can take quite a bit to get oil to the inner bearing. Once you start the Ski, its spinning over 8000 rpm at idle. You don't want dry bearings.

Supercharger Installation...

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Yes, whenever you rebuild or service the supercharger, or get one rebuilt, before you install it, put it on the bench, intake side down and squirt some engine oil into the bearings and rotate the SC shaft by hand to distribute the oil through the outer and inner bearing.
    Let it sit like that for 30 min to let the oil seep down to the inner bearing.
    Squirt oil on the clutch assembly.
    Reason is, the bearings are shipped dry, and it can take quite a bit to get oil to the inner bearing. Once you start the Ski, its spinning over 8000 rpm at idle. You don't want dry bearings.
    Thanks...Just to make sure that I oil the bearings correctly, I need to put oil on 31 on diagram show...and allow it to soak down into the inner bearing (#4) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger.gif 
Views:	214 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	332918

Thanks!

+1
    just clean everything out with a salt cleaner.. clean hull etc..
    spark and oil are usual things to do.. like the guys said.. soak the charger with some engine oil.. noting more to it.. also on the side that go's into the block.. so the seals slide in easy..
    dont worry about the oil.. oil is not a problem as long as it is not to much.. some drops./ oil remaining in the charger will blow out..

+1
    it also looks like they did not like to wash/rinse the seadoo.. get some salt cleaner sh.t and clean good.. if it leaves the alluminium etc bare.. decrease..buy some paint and spray..

Thread Information