I received my rebuilt supercharger from Jerry and I am preparing to install it...I want to do this correct the first time, so I want to run some questions by the experts on this forum.

Model: 2005 Seadoo RXT

1. Is there any preparation I need to do before installing the Supercharger? Do I need to grease anything or do any adjustments at all, or can I take the rebuild supercharger and install it just like I removed it?

2. I have some corrosion on a few places. Inside the waterbox inlet as shown below, and on the engine just below the supercharger space...I would like to clean that up before I put everything back together...Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to clean and treat to prevent this surface corrosion? The bracket for the siphon next to the driveshaft just came undone due to corrosion and I noticed the rivets on many of the brackets have this insidious corrosion, how do I treat this corrosion and prevent it with ongoing preventative maintenance?

3. I plan on replacing my plugs and oil as well since my ski has sat idle since last summer...Any advice on replacing plugs and changing oil?

4. Is there any other advice you can give me that will improve the chances of keeping this ski running reliably? From what I have read on these forums, this particular model Seadoo can become a money pit...I want to be proactive and do everything I can to keep this ski from prematurely failing...

This ski is not run really hard, but is run in salt water in the waterway and occasionally in the ocean in South Florida.

Thanks for your help...This forum has been invaluable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (2).JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	332566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	332567