2006 Sea-doo RXP or 2004 Kawasaki 15f

Hey guys,

I am trying to decide on two different skis. I am a bigger guy weighting 250lbs. Looking for a ski for my wife and I and been trying to decide on which one to go with.

I am trying to decide weather to get the Sea-doo RXP or the 2004 Kawasaki stx-15f. I know the RXP is a two seater and the 15f is a 3. But I guess I'm trying to see if the RXP would be ok for the both of us to ride at the same time, or should I just get the 15f. The RXP has a brand new 0 hour motor in it and the hull has 140 hours. The 15f has 69 hours on it. I know the power difference, just wondering which would be the best route to take.

Inputs would be greatly appreciated!

+1
    15f gets my vote, less maintenance, more stable, more seating room for 2 up, and more storage... unless you get the speed bug then I would say rxp..hell buy both but stock for stock your only talking about 5 mph or so on the top end, hopefully the rxp has updated valves and supercharger(needs rebuild every 100 hours)

3. +1 by:

I was also leaning towards the 15f also. The RXP has a brand new motor. at least thats what the dealer told me. Both skis are at the dealer.

+1
    You can ride 2 up fine on an rxp , it's just a little more personal. Also what's the ratio of times you will be riding 2up vs 1up? 15f's Boarding step is nice for the wife and yourself as well for deep water boarding.. and don't get too hung up on the hours...I'd be more wary of the brand new engine, what year is the rxp? Are you sure the engine is a new one from brp or rebuilt with new parts? Both are great skis but I still think 15f= happier wife and the stx hull is a great hull that's won many a championship...
    ps, in my avatar that's me running high sixties on a 15f back in 06 yea, I never update my profiles...

Thread Information