Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FX-svho vs. FX-sho

new here, just wanted to know what are the "MAJOR" diff. between these two models?
    the SVHO is categorized as performance while the SHO is luxury? I am into island hopping, open water
    what should i buy?

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phenoyz View Post
    new here, just wanted to know what are the "MAJOR" diff. between these two models?
    the SVHO is categorized as performance while the SHO is luxury? I am into island hopping, open water
    what should i buy?

thanks
    The SVHO and the SHO are both types of motors..

The svho is the newer version of the sho... Svho is only found in 2014 models and above... Are you looking into buying a used ski or a new one?

Either way the svho is a much more powerful engine....

Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    what should i buy?

thanks
    The SVHO and the SHO are both types of motors..

The svho is the newer version of the sho... Svho is only found in 2014 models and above... Are you looking into buying a used ski or a new one?

Either way the svho is a much more powerful engine....
    New.

So the svho is the newer FX cruiser...
    their line-up is confusing, anyway

thanks for the reply

off topic sorry but can a 176hp toyota rav4 with 4 person including driver tow an fzr with-out any problems

I pull my new FZS with my TDI Beetle. I am sure your rav4 will pull with no issues.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fzs.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	333027

+1
    off topic sorry but can a 176hp toyota rav4 with 4 person including driver tow an fzr with-out any problems

For a new SVHO your need a RAPTOR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	060.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	333043  

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by superdavid View Post

For a new SVHO your need a RAPTOR

+1
    new here, just wanted to know what are the "MAJOR" diff. between these two models
    Having just sold a 2013 SHO (and a nice one at that) for the SVHO, the major difference is what it does, and keeps doing, when you pull the trigger...

It's visceral!

Im pretty sure its a couple hundred bucks more for the svho. No brainer imo. Its so easy to make power with the svho. In the long run youd shoot yourself in the foot. Now if its a couple thousand then I understand.

Take a look at the Yamaha webpage, the SVHO specs are impressive http://www.yamahawaverunners.com/performance or on the Australian site: http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/promo...eash-the-power. Like mentioned by mattydipps; the SVHO is a newer, improved version of the SHO power plant. A reliable and proven 1812cc supercharged intercooled marine engine. The major upgrades came in the form of upgrades to pistons (forged), bigger intercooler core, bigger boost from an improved supercharger impeller (boost wheel), 160mm impeller, pump/stater (over its predecessor 155mm variant), better engine cooling via additional cooling intake and duel bypass on the right of the ski, and a intake grate to match.

In my opinion go the SVHO if you have budgeted for it. I have owned my 2013 FX SHO from new and it has just turned 1, only 5 months after I brought it did Yamaha US release a press statement that the new awaited upgrade was to be released. Down here in Oz they have been floating around for a few months but only recently have the dealers been pushing them or had stock for this matter.

I love my SHO and have just fitted the Riva Stage 1 kit, engine breather upgrade, R&D Aquavein intake grate and shoe kit to match and a custom 14/22.5 re pitched Skat Trak impeller. Intercooler upgrade, supercharger upgrade and new ECU to come.

I would love a new SVHO, but decided to stick with the devil I know. My ski has just clocked up 70hours in the 12 months I have owned it from new and has never skipped a beat. I was getting 114km/h (70.83mph) on my ski pre mods and still yet to test post mods.

When the warranty is up in two years I may look at upgrading. but if I had the patients to wait, I would have and brought the SVHO. But then again I have a love for power.

what should i buy?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information