Is this a fair price for a pair of '14 FX HO Cruisers?

I am about to bite the bullet and purchase two new Yamaha FX HO Cruisers with a double galvanized trailer. I have been quoted just north of 28k out the door. Each machine had 1200 Doc / Prep/ Freight charge on it. That seems a bit high to me but as this is my first PWC purchase, I am not sure what to expect. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

+1
    Don't know what your state taxes would be but I would be looking to get skis for $11900 each and trailer for $1100.
    Add tax and you may be close now.
    Refuse to pay setup charges since you're buying two skis.
    Have you negotiated the Yamaha extended warranty?

+1
    I agree with Toy. I got my 2013s for $11806 each, no fees, 5 years Y.E.S. warranty. So $11900 each sounds good to me being a new model year. But I spent $1995 on an aluminum Triton trailer.

Banned User
    +1
    Definitely go for the Triton trailer. You won't regret it

+1
    I would advise against purchasing two new ski for your first time. I see a lot of people purchase new skis and never ride them, reason you see 8 year old skis with 50 hours only. I dont know how well your financial situation is but with 28k i can buy two extremely good condition used skis and still have 18k left.

A lot of folks have the notion that they will be riding these machines even to work if the streets got flooded. But the reality is if you dont know how much you like the sport/recreational aspect of the pwc. You are kinda shooting with your eyes closed. I would suggest buy some used 4 stroke yamahas. After you learn how to ride, dock, maintain, repair then upgrade to new skis.

I think ziggy can give you some good advise on this.

+1
    Yeah, my regret about buying new skis is that I had almost no experience (one day summer rental in Florida) and I had no idea that I would be scuffing and scraping and navigating so poorly. If I had to do it again, I would buy used to get some experience then get new ones later. My main fear was that because I'm not mechanically inclined I was afraid of breakdowns.

+1
    I believe a lot of people have that fear. Before i bought used that thought crossed my mind many times even me being mechanically inclined. I thought pwc's where complicated to work on. But they are actually simple. I will be looking to buy new in the next 2 years. My hopes are that yamaha takes it upon themselves to build an even better hull then the kawasaki for us ocean riders. If not it will have to end up being an fx series with all the bell and whistles.

Thread Information