Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BRP customer care...or lack thereof

Today is 6 business days since my initial request to speak to a 'second-tier' customer service rep. (first tier was useless). I called BRP a second time two days later and was told to wait until someone was assigned to my case. I pm'ed 'Steve' who is the marketing guy who appears on the forums and have received no response.

It would appear that customer service is not a priority for BRP.

Something to keep in mind when making your purchase.

Have you worked with your dealership on the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ramlax13 View Post
    Have you worked with your dealership on the issue?
    Yes.

+1
    What is the issues? If you don't mind sharing.

I pm steve and got a response within minutes yesterday. I've had good luck dealing with them. They main response was contact your dealer but they did provide additional info for me to provide the dealer and everything worked out in my favor when it really didn't need to. I hope it works out for you.

+1
    I am going to guess that your contact with BRP and this guy "steve" was something like this....

BRP sucks, my machine is broken, your company is shit, etc, etc, etc......

Yeah, He is going to rush to help you!!!!

I have ALWAYS said BE NICE TO THE DEALER, or in your case BRP/Steve.

People will go the extra mile when you are nice.

It is not our fault that your ski is broken. We get it, you want to be on the water with your family and friends but if your screaming and yelling why should we go out of our way to help quickly??????

If I am wrong on the above then I appologize and hope you get your response in a timely manor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NetAtNite View Post
    Today is 6 business days since my initial request to speak to a 'second-tier' customer service rep. (first tier was useless). I called BRP a second time two days later and was told to wait until someone was assigned to my case. I pm'ed 'Steve' who is the marketing guy who appears on the forums and have received no response.

It would appear that customer service is not a priority for BRP.
    Something to keep in mind when making your purchase.
    You should try dealing with Yamaha and you will likely get the same response. This is a gross generalization but this is typically the way things work in this industry. I am one of the riders who went from Yamaha to Sea-Doo for reasons related to product quality and manufacturer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I am going to guess that your contact with BRP and this guy "steve" was something like this....

It is not our fault that your ski is broken. We get it, you want to be on the water with your family and friends but if your screaming and yelling why should we go out of our way to help quickly??????

If I am wrong on the above then I appologize and hope you get your response in a timely manor.
    I accept your apology. I have never talked to Steve (marketing guy that asked on another forum to contact him with any issue), just pm'ed him and received no response. I called BRP and had a very nice conversation with a CSR but he was not in a position to help me. I asked for a 'second-tier' CSR to talk to me and I am now on 7 business days without a response. My machine is not broken and I don't use vulgar language and I have no need to yell. I'd just like a response and cannot seem to get one. Does that sound like good customer service to you?

8. +1 by:

I accept your apology. I have never talked to Steve (marketing guy that asked on another forum to contact him with any issue), just pm'ed him and received no response. I called BRP and had a very nice conversation with a CSR but he was not in a position to help me. I asked for a 'second-tier' CSR to talk to me and I am now on 7 business days without a response. My machine is not broken and I don't use vulgar language and I have no need to yell. I'd just like a response and cannot seem to get one. Does that sound like good customer service to you?
    Wait so your machine is not broken? So what do you want? An explanation for why some handle bars have broken? I'm guessing they don't yet know how best to answer that question, and are researching it to see if if is a certain run of sparks that have the issue, if it is across all of them, and how best to reinforce or recall/replace. Give them time to get the engineering and such right. If you don't feel comfortable riding the machine, don't ride it. If your bars start to crack, there is nothing to say otherwise that sea doo and your dealer won't take care of the issue for you no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ramlax13 View Post
    I am going to guess that your contact with BRP and this guy "steve" was something like this....BRP sucks, my machine is broken, your company is shit, etc, etc, etc......Yeah, He is going to rush to help you!!!!I have ALWAYS said BE NICE TO THE DEALER, or in your case BRP/Steve.People will go the extra mile when you are nice.It is not our fault that your ski is broken. We get it, you want to be on the water with your family and friends but if your screaming and yelling why should we go out of our way to help quickly??????If I am wrong on the above then I appologize and hope you get your response in a timely manor.
    Wait so your machine is not broken? So what do you want? An explanation for why some handle bars have broken? I'm guessing they don't yet know how best to answer that question, and are researching it to see if if is a certain run of sparks that have the issue, if it is across all of them, and how best to reinforce or recall/replace. Give them time to get the engineering and such right. If you don't feel comfortable riding the machine, don't ride it. If your bars start to crack, there is nothing to say otherwise that sea doo and your dealer won't take care of the issue for you no problem.
    Who mentioned handle bars? Just you, for reasons I cannot fathom?Whatever my complaints are, it is immaterial to this post. The original post states that I have tried to contact BRP on 3 occasions and they have failed to respond! It has been a week and a half. That's bad customer service anyway you look at it.You will notice that I have refrained from airing my complaints in this forum, other than the lack of return calls from the manufacturer. The reason for this measured approach is simple:. I want to give them every chance to address my concerns. Perhaps I have misunderstood the purpose of these forums? I thought they were to express views both positive and negative and to offer insight into our individual experiences.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Your right about expressing your views...However when 99% of people call a manufacturer about something it is usually to complain about something. And most people do not come on a forum like this or others to say, "Hey, I got great customer service from......." Everyone just comes to complain....

You sir, are an exception to the normal.....I like that!!!!!!!

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information