Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Explanation of stinger mod on 150?

So my buddy just got an 03 ultra 150 and we have been messing around getting it to have a snappier power band from the start. He just ordered some 46 mm domes. I was reading on here and people are talking about a "stinger" mod. From what I've been reading it basically dries out the pipe from the start? Does this work pretty good/ hows it done if so. Thanks in advance!

+1
    IMO - that stoooopid Stinger Mod ain't worth a shit.

Those Jet-Works Valves fail all the time and if not adjusted properly can create an overheat condition, and/or melt exhaust hoses inside your hull.

There are other mods that are much more beneficial to incorporate.

Good Luck !!!

+1
    Hello blairwill4, I am not sure what problems "Spooling", had with the Jet Work Valve ... or he just heard of someone who had a problem. I for one, do have the Jet Works Hole Shot kit installed .... and it works by holding off the water until it reaches a pre-set RPM. Mine is set for 3500 rpms. It is a very simple little valve that you can adjust to your liking. It is easy to test often if you suspect any reason it may not be functioning as it should. I have had mine now for an entire race season & starting my 2nd season. Not one issue or concern. The expert who can answer all your questions on how it works, reliability, etc. Is Rich, @ WFO Performance . You can contact him here on the Hulk. I for one, love the boost I get out of the hole. Good Luck

+1
    I've got the stinger mod on my Ultra. Have not had any trouble with it, but I don't think the improvement is that great.

+1
    Don't waste your money on the stinger mod. I tried it, 3 jetworks valves and 2 burnt exhaust later, I ditched it.
    Some people have issue with the exhaust hose coming off, clamps to weak, (T clamps are best)
    You must run a strainer if your considering it to keep crap out of the valve.
    I just did not want to be "wondering if the exhaust is cooling" after the valve kept failing.

Did not notice that much of a difference over stock to be honest.
    spend the money on the triple pisser mod, won't get you any power but you know your cylinders are cooling.
    Spend your money elsewhere.

I had that mod when it came with my stxr.. eh ended up pulling it off and putting it back to stop and selling the modified stinger. I wouldn't bother, 3 blips of the throttle before getting on that throttle does the same thing.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Remember, the mod is for an improved hole shot ... from a dead still. You can not blip your throttle while in starting gate waiting for a release. If you don't need the extra boost of a boat length or two & are not considering CC racing ... then you might not need the Jet Works Valve. Good Luck

+1
    basically we wave jump. So im going rather slow into the waves. Im wanting that hole shot. We ride polaris slx 1200s a lot and up top they are not as fast but their powerband on the low side is much snappier. Trying to achieve that basically.

I wave jump also, 3 blips of the throttle work for me.

Unless Your racing like Ozark which made a very good point, its not worth it atleast in my book, shred master would be a better investment

+1
    What does a shredmaster do though besides add stability? its not cheap for a shredmaster and i dont think weve ever been like man we wish this ski was more stable. Compared to the slxs is as sturdy as can be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information