07 FX HO Break In

I may have goofed in breaking in my new waverunner... instead of trolling speed 1650 rpms for the first 5 minutes as per the manual I idled it for the first 5 minutes .. right after the first 5 minutes I realized my mistake and I then followed the rest of the break in procedure watching the rpms...so will I be looking at problems down the road because of this? I suspect it will be OK however just wanted to get some feedback on this. Thanks
    Last edited by jb_turner; 03-31-2007 at 08:32 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_turner View Post
    I may have goofed in breaking in my new waverunner... instead of trolling speed 1650 rpms for the first 5 minutes as per the manual I idled it for the first 5 minutes .. right after the first 5 minutes I realized my mistake and I then followed the rest of the break in procedure watching the rpms...so will I be looking at problems down the road because of this? I suspect it will be OK however just wanted to get some feedback on this. Thanks

Welcome to the forum !

you should be fine. I wouldn't worry

Break in hard

when u get to doin under 8000 hol down for at least 5sec den return to breakin in proceduce break in hard faster it will b

RX951,

Thanks for your reply RX951. I guess what Yamaha was trying to get across in the manual was not to punch it out of the box which I did not.

Fx High Out Put Rida,

I do not understand?

JB, dont worry about it. Break in procedure is one of those things that everyone has a different opinion on. Some say ride it like you stole it and others say baby it. There are good arguements for both methods.

My advise would be, dont be overly concerned with it and just try not to hold a steady RPM for any extended period. Just get out and play around, go ahead and let her rip for a few seconds then bring it back down and cruise around for a while. Just keep those rpms moving around. Dont be afraid to go WOT for a short burst here and there. 5 minutes of idle will not effect it in the slightest. Have fun, it will be fine.
    Last edited by porksword; 04-08-2007 at 11:50 AM.

+1
    You know, I have often wondered about break ins, especially on 2 strokes. I have always babied mine per instructions, but I have had a lot of 2 stroke power equipment, blowers, trimmers and such, but I never did a break in on them, just balls to the wall. I had one trimmer that ran 4-5 hours a day, 3-4 days a week, for 5 years.

porksword,

Thanks for the reply...I guess looking back I was overly concerned about the breakin however I did vary the RPMs like you state and they were going up and down! this PWC stuff is just simply awsome!

KirkF350,

Looking back I think it was Yamaha's point not to ring it out right after I put it in the water.
    Last edited by jb_turner; 04-08-2007 at 03:57 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    You know, I have often wondered about break ins, especially on 2 strokes. I have always babied mine per instructions, but I have had a lot of 2 stroke power equipment, blowers, trimmers and such, but I never did a break in on them, just balls to the wall. I had one trimmer that ran 4-5 hours a day, 3-4 days a week, for 5 years.

I baby mine for half a tank....then I let her RIP !

Thread Information