Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Newb looking for advice

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and also new to the world of PWC. I recently picked up a clean 99 Polaris X-45 with 50hrs. It's fast and a lot of fun but I want to hop it up a bit but I'm having trouble finding sound information. I'm looking to do some basic bolt-ons first. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ski.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	334429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ski4.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	334428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ski2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	334430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ski3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	334431  
    Last edited by davenoscott; 06-30-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Pics Added

+1
    Welcome to the forum, nice choice on the x45 I really like em. Post some pics when u have a chance.

By hop up do u mean speed or handling? Also, what sort of budget do you have?

+1
    Both if I can. No specific budget in mind although it would have to be reasonable. I will be performing the upgrades myself.

Banned User
    +1
    Get rid of the bing carbs for a set of Keihins. I also took out the log pipe and put in a red pipe setup. I dont know how much difference it made, since I never rode mine with the stock carbs and pipe. I think there are better props out there than the stock one. A Polaris 554 or a 707 is a good choice. For me the stock prop hooks up for crap out of the hole. Ocean Pro ride plate is good for a little more speed. So is a 6 degree wedge, but those are getting really hard to find. You could cut the sponsons as well.

+1
    What size Keihins would you suggest?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    good keihin sets with working accl pumps are getting harder to find and haven't heard of any pump kits being made again.first and foremost what water conditions do you ride in?i wouldn't set it up for top speed and go riding in a rough lake.first thing i'd do is get a batwing ride plate from a virage,suppose to be good for 3 mph in smooth water.better ride in the rough and will track a little better in turns.

+1
    welcome aboard. I too have an X45. Pretty easy to mod. I have stub stacks, nujet 7.0, ocean pro rideplate and 6 degree wedge. GPS at 63.5. Trim the sponsons for another .5mph. Great boats.

+1
    Because I'm new to the PWC world I've been doing a lot of research since I posted this. I'm having a lot of trouble finding some of these parts. I'm looking for a 707 prop and I think I'm going to go with a batwing ride plate. Is there certain years that I have to use for the batwing? My main trouble is that I don't understand the lingo. For instance when you say "redpipe" I'm pretty sure you mean the exhaust but I'm not a 100% sure what I'm looking at. Thanks for the replys.

+1
    IF this ski runs well & pulls good rpms (6600-6700) I wouldn't mess with changing carburetors or exhaust. Your ski may already have the 'batwing' ride plate on it, is the bottom of the plate smooth, or does it have a 'concave' section in the middle? If you need a 'batwing' plate I have one.

+1
    I just finished looking and it's smooth so I do need a ride plate. I'm not really in a hurry to replace carbs and exhaust but I think the ride plate change and cutting the sponsons will be my first mods.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information