05 GTX SC- slight vibration at 5,500 rpm

Hi All

I have a new to me 05 GTX SC that the SC has not been rebuilt. It has 84 hours on it, and seems to run mint. WOT about 58mph with lots of power out of the hole. The guy put a new impeller and wear ring in last year. One thing I've noticed is it has a slight vibration at around 5,500 when accelerating past that. It seems to go away after 2-3 seconds. I've just ordered a rebuild kit after readying about all the horror stories about the ceramic washers, but just curious about this slight vibration. Anyone experience this? Cause?

+1
    Funny thing Is I kinda have the same thing, only really noticed while pulling kids around on the tube last week. Normally I'm not going that slow, mine seemed more exhaust sound vibe.

+1
    Check all 3 motor mounts, pump is secure. You should be seeing 7600 and around 60-62 mph gps, look at my signature for more info.

+1
    One more thought, I had something like that one time ... I had just had the pump and driveshaft out, and when I put it all together I did not put oil on the two O-rings in the stainless steel 'hat' that sits in front of the carbon ring. What I found out is that the SS part had not seated completely correctly and that was causing a mild vibration around 5500 rpm that seemed to go away at higher rpm.

Since I had changed nothing else, I pulled the ss hat back, oiled up the driveshaft and those O-rings and re-seated it. Fixed the problem 100%. Just one more idea on something to check ...

5. +1 by:

+1
    I tore into my ski yesterday to remove my wedge and found one bolt loose and and tab busted on my nozzle, lol. Also was rearranging things in engine bay and found that in my exhaust there is something broke off and rattling around inside.

Thread Information