Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone ever get a message on their Vtech "MAPTUNER LOCKED"??

Last year my buddy bought a Vtech maptuner and we followed the steps to tune his 2012 RXTX... After recognizing the VIN for the ski and downloading updates, it says "MAPTUNER LOCKED" and can't get it to do anything. We got a hold of someone on the phone at Vtech and they got it fixed and his ski ran great.

Now fast forward to this year... I bought a tuning credit to use on my new to me 2012 RXT 260... connected the maptuner, got the ski info (VIN) on the maptuner, got my license key submitted, went to check for updates and I got an error. And the maptuner device once again says "MAPTUNER LOCKED". This is so frustrating... I wish someone could tell me if there's something I'm doing wrong. Last night, Vtech support told me they couldn't see anything wrong with my account and sent a new license key. But tonight I couldn't even get far enough to use the new license key. It won't do anything except state "MAPTUNER LOCKED".

I love the tune, but this issue needs to be resolved... I don't want to go through this every time I tune a ski!

It can be a old firmware in your maptuner causing problems. Send it to us for an update

+1
    Last time i had that problem Jonatan had to go in to my computer remotely using a program call team viewer. However Jerry had to call him and give him some love first! Download that program and send him an email or call him so he can go onto your PC and fix it!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    It can be a old firmware in your maptuner causing problems. Send it to us for an update

Work the magic i have no doubt you can do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    When this happened last year, you (Jonatan) were able to get it figured out from your end over the phone... I really need for someone to try this again because I don't have much time before a trip. Please help.

Just sent email to Michel and Jonatan. Still not working and need my ski running as soon as possible. Here's s video:

+1
    They can unlock the maptuner remotely... Did you tried to connect it to another ski?

It did the same a couple month ago and Jonatan unlocked it in 2 mins... Try to SMS vtech

Jonatan fixed it last year but have been working with Michel this time. Still no luck after a bunch of testing yesterday. They will try again Monday... Ugh.

Day #5 of trying the Vtech maptuner and still no luck. My lake trip date is getting VERY close and my ski is going to be FUBAR.

Does anyone in the southeast have a Vtech tuner I can borrow for a fee? I have got to get this going...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedgta View Post
    Day #5 of trying the Vtech maptuner and still no luck. My lake trip date is getting VERY close and my ski is going to be FUBAR.

Does anyone in the southeast have a Vtech tuner I can borrow for a fee? I have got to get this going...
    This is the shit that kills me about Vtech!!! Such a great product... but the costumer support is damn slow. Someone here in the US needs to take over there costumer support so we can get faster support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information