+1

Sea doo seat rubbing problem

Hi there,

I apologize for a reposting of this but I cannot find the post from before, that I read. Anyway, I would like to find out if this is a real problem or not.

The post I read was about a problem of Sea Doo seats rubbing on the hull after they were taken off, reattached and then ridden. In the post I read, the rubbing was so bad it wore through the protective finish and exposed the raw fiberglass of the hull.

My question is if this is true, and if anyone can elaborate on this sort of instance. I'm currently looking to purchase a Sea Doo GTI SE 130 and looking for any information that can help.

Thank you!

+1
    It is what it is. I had it on both sides when I had my GTR. It doesn't show unless the seat is off...just something that has to he considered normal wear. Put your seat on and rip on! lol

+1
    Take a look on the inside of the seat. Some have round bolt heads others have only staples. There was a Gti at the dealer that was scratched to $hit from the bolt rubbing from people taking on and off. My gtr only has staples and where it may make contact I've put the soft side of some black velcro down to act as a barrier. So far I have no issues with scratches what so ever.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterguy00 View Post
    Take a look on the inside of the seat. Some have round bolt heads others have only staples. There was a Gti at the dealer that was scratched to $hit from the bolt rubbing from people taking on and off. My gtr only has staples and where it may make contact I've put the soft side of some black velcro down to act as a barrier. So far I have no issues with scratches what so ever.
    Mine had the staples. Good idea on covering it up right off the get go if you want to avoid this.

Thread Information