Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

in need of help!!

Hi all, used to be on here and had a gp1300r worst mistake selling it.

Anyway, theres one popped up for sale here in ireland,
    07 ski 70 hrs for $4000.

Now heres the catch, jet ski was stored for winter so the fella says and wont start.
    Just off the phone to him and he says its turning over but not firing.
    He had it at 2 mechanics one said fuse board??? and second says rotor at back of engine is ceased preventing is getting up to speed to fire.

Its a bit away from me here and its very hard to pass up a ski at this year and other than the issue is mint .

Awaiting your experts

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bounce View Post
    Hi all, used to be on here and had a gp1300r worst mistake selling it.

Anyway, theres one popped up for sale here in ireland,
    07 ski 70 hrs for $4000.

Now heres the catch, jet ski was stored for winter so the fella says and wont start.
    Just off the phone to him and he says its turning over but not firing.
    He had it at 2 mechanics one said fuse board??? and second says rotor at back of engine is ceased preventing is getting up to speed to fire.

Its a bit away from me here and its very hard to pass up a ski at this year and other than the issue is mint .

Awaiting your experts
    Hard for you to tell what the issue is, especially with conflicting info. It it's turning over but no spark, I would look in that direction.
    The second person saying that it isn't turning over fast enough for spark, just doesn't sound right. You really need to take it somewhere for someone to look at (certified Yamaha shop) it with you there to get an honest opinion of the issue.

unfortunatly theres far and few between dealers here and extreme prices also.
    In all essense if the engine has good compression etc it cant be rocket science to fix the issue?
    Is the rear shaft bearing a possibility that it wasnt greased and is after semi seizing up?
    also a fuse board i take it means a cdi/ecu unit ?

Stick to the basics. How are the plugs? Use a tester to see if the plug wires are giving off spark. Start from the plugs and test backwards from there. You can check the fuses in the electrical box, but its best to start at the problem and trace your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
    Stick to the basics. How are the plugs? Use a tester to see if the plug wires are giving off spark. Start from the plugs and test backwards from there. You can check the fuses in the electrical box, but its best to start at the problem and trace your issue.
    oh i will of course im not bad with mechanics but i do aircraft lol, its kind of a buy and take home or stay away and leave it to someone else decision.....

If compression is good, it may be worth it. One guy thinks the jet pump is seized? How's the battery? A weak battery could make her not want to turn over well enough for compression test anyway.

I'd never buy a ski without a water test let alone sight unseen unless it was DIRT cheap. Figure how much you'd need worst case scenario and factor that in to the cost of the ski.

+1
    If compression is good, it may be worth it. One guy thinks the jet pump is seized? How's the battery? A weak battery could make her not want to turn over well enough for compression test anyway.

I'd never buy a ski without a water test let alone sight unseen unless it was DIRT cheap. Figure how much you'd need worst case scenario and factor that in to the cost of the ski.
    +1

ye your right , i might not of been too clear, i will be seeing it and can do a compression test,one guy said it was the bearing cant think of the name of it , there on ebay for 150$, thats it really until i get it home to get more in depth.
    And yes he says the battery is dead so ill be bringing one with me

just off the phone there, hooked the ski up to a charged battery and its turing fine , deffo nothing holding it back ( bearing).
    100% missing a spark /fuel. Going up tuesday to do compressions and if there good ill take it home with me so ill need a lot of help of yee guys

So providing compressions arw good Tuesday things for me to go through will be .
    Spark plugs/leads
    Fuses and electric box
    Fuel /pump
    Throttle correctly closing before start.
    Temp sensor in the stinger ?

Feel free to add to it .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information