Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Throttle body lube?

    I almost never ride in salt water, so what's the deal with lubricating the throttle body blade?

    Mine is ultra clean and I'm fearful of adding lube (XPS) and making any passing crap stick to the diaphram.

    Should I leave it alone or spray XPS in?

    Thoughts??


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    I almost never ride in salt water, so what's the deal with lubricating the throttle body blade?

    Mine is ultra clean and I'm fearful of adding lube (XPS) and making any passing crap stick to the diaphram.

    Should I leave it alone or spray XPS in?

    Thoughts??
    I spray the XPS in there because seadoo says I should. Can't hurt. I guess I'd rather have the crap stick to the throttle blade (I assume that's what you meant by diaphragm) than enter the engine.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Norman, NC
    Posts
    42
    +1
    1
    My old GTX had the small yellow capped port to spray the lube into the throttle body but the new GTX does not. What is the procedure to lube the throttle body now?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjj View Post
    My old GTX had the small yellow capped port to spray the lube into the throttle body but the new GTX does not. What is the procedure to lube the throttle body now?
    Pull the hose off the throttle body and squirt it in there.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Norman, NC
    Posts
    42
    +1
    1
    OK, thanks

  6. #6
    So how often are you guys spraying in lube?

    Every ride? winterisation?

  7. #7
    stuckmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    1,485
    +1
    59
    Since mine stuck last season I've been dropping some light oil on the shaft and cycling it a few times once a month. No issues since. I'm not in salt water that often though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    I've been dropping some light oil on the shaft few times once a month
    Easy killer. This is a PWC forum, not Penthouse.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    I've been dropping some light oil on the shaft few times once a month
    Easy killer. This is a PWC forum, not Penthouse.
    lol This forum is full of lube, shafts, riding n of course 4 strokes, so we're starting on dodgy ground!

  10. #10
    EVN81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Terschelling - the Netherlands
    Posts
    462
    +1
    39
    2 seasons in salt water only. No problems so far with the TB.

    BUT i still have the original air intake. So no catch can installed.

    If i'm upgrading the air inlet i would keep the engine carter de-aireation connection intact.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boost leak through throttle body lube
    By monaroman76 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 04:27 AM
  2. Throttle body lube
    By Jonno in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 03:03 PM
  3. 06RXP Throttle body lubing
    By Summer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
  4. throttle body lube cap popping off ??
    By Kaybat in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
  5. How Do I Lube My Throttle Body Port The Correct Way?
    By holdnon72 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 10:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •